Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hopefully.................

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Humor and Spoofs' started by Gino, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    ..... this might work.

Let's use this thread to throw anger and baseless accusations around, so we might stop derailing other members thread(s), due to unnecessary banter in other peoples' threads. Maybe the admins could conjure something up like this.

There are so many threads going down the tubes lately, and it's not fair to anyone. It makes them hard to follow and also hard to put any input forth.

So, for those big mouths who feel they hafta vent or post up baloney, use this thread to let off steam.

Tags:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. WhiskeyDreamer

WhiskeyDreamer Professional Snow Ninja

Aug 6, 2007
    Riften
    hahaha. good luck with that.

3. HDvinyl

HDvinyl Trump 2020

Nov 20, 2008
    halfway house.
    Thread locked.

4. equippaint

equippaint Very Active Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Florida
    I'm not allowed to participate in anything snarky anymore

5. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    :snarky:

Just lead off with this, and you should be able to be qualified.

6. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    I see your snarky and raise you some: the-game-of-baloney-tdc.jpg

• OMG / Wow! OMG / Wow! x 1
  7. iPrintStuff

iPrintStuff Prints stuff

Sep 3, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Good idea! Though i guess it’s just down to whoever is posting. I’m still relatively new here and tend to lurk mostly but I’ve seen “professional” sign companies ask how to print/cut a logo and/or work their own machines, a whole load of companies/sign makers that don’t know how to price their jobs.. pretty worrying stuff. Sometimes baloney is warranted. Simple as that! Lol

8. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Soooo........ why is it, when people come here looking for answers..... is it like pulling frickin' teeth to get them to give us ample information to even know what they're talking about ??

Ya hafta ask the same question like 5 times before they even consider helping you..... to help them.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. iPrintStuff

iPrintStuff Prints stuff

Sep 3, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Reminds me of the customers that walk in and go “how much is a banner”. No mention if it needs designed, how big they want it.. just know they want a banner and you and your crystal ball have to do the rest.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    I get ya, iPrint..... but I'm really grinding about these so-called sign people that don't have a clue as to what they're doing, what's going on or how to do a danged thing. They ask dumber questions than the customers and then stand there with their mouths half open waiting for an answer.

• I Appreciate You I Appreciate You x 1
  11. WhiskeyDreamer

WhiskeyDreamer Professional Snow Ninja

Aug 6, 2007
    Riften
    The problem is that everyone thinks making signs is easy. You just need a printer and a cutter. They've never actually worked in a sign shop prior to opening one so they don't know proper materials and application.

So when someone walks in the door looking for a quote on something a little more involved, they've no idea where to start. Hence the dumb questions we get.

12. aGrainofSalt

aGrainofSalt Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Norman
    Which is why some of us just lurk and smirk!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA

I tried that..... not once, but three times. I can't do it.

14. SightLine

SightLine Very Active Member

Whoever it was that won the 1.6b lottery last week.... I need to find them. They touched me inappropriately 30 years ago.

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 1
  15. iPrintStuff

iPrintStuff Prints stuff

Sep 3, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Honestly my biggest worry is the guys that don’t have simple pricing nailed. I.e how much to charge for just simply making a sign or banner. Too many of them that simply google how much a big online company would sell them for, then wondering why they’re not making any profit.

Why would you even open a shop if you don’t know exactly what your overheads are, est. profit per unit, how much EVERYTHING costs and how much profit you need to make a business viable? There’s a little vain on my forehead that pops out whenever I see a “how much would you charge for this?” Thread. It really is signs 101 lol

• Like Like x 1
  16. Signs101Admin

Signs101Admin Owner

Sep 30, 2016
    New Jersey
    Stand in line they touched me2.....

• Like Like x 1
  17. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Where ?? :roflmao:

18. SignsSupport

SignsSupport Support & Tech Administrator

Jan 16, 2017
    Cyberspace
    OMG. This thread... Wow.

I suppose I'm accuser #3 ... I'm quite attractive so I understand they'd want to touch me too.. But I feel so violated.. My therapist and I are still working to resolve the PTSD issues that ensued after the assault.. She's teaching me how to finally cope with the constant nightmares of being groped so maliciously.. So ... I think $500,000,000 will be a satisfactory settlement :eek:o_O:D:p

• Like Like x 1
  19. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Another thing to add................

people who don't have a clue as to what they are talking about, but yet fill the room with sounds..... mostly hissing sounds.

oooh, I hate when that happens. :covereyes:

20. SignDesignGrrl

SignDesignGrrl Member

Dec 21, 2018
    Spokane
    That game looks fun - where can you get it?