• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hopefully.................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
..... this might work.

Let's use this thread to throw anger and baseless accusations around, so we might stop derailing other members thread(s), due to unnecessary banter in other peoples' threads. Maybe the admins could conjure something up like this.

There are so many threads going down the tubes lately, and it's not fair to anyone. It makes them hard to follow and also hard to put any input forth.

So, for those big mouths who feel they hafta vent or post up baloney, use this thread to let off steam.

equippaint

..... this might work.

Let's use this thread to throw anger and baseless accusations around, so we might stop derailing other members thread(s), due to unnecessary banter in other peoples' threads. Maybe the admins could conjure something up like this.

There are so many threads going down the tubes lately, and it's not fair to anyone. It makes them hard to follow and also hard to put any input forth.

So, for those big mouths who feel they hafta vent or post up baloney, use this thread to let off steam.
I'm not allowed to participate in anything snarky anymore

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
:snarky:

Just lead off with this, and you should be able to be qualified.
I see your snarky and raise you some:
the-game-of-baloney-tdc.jpg

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Good idea! Though i guess it’s just down to whoever is posting. I’m still relatively new here and tend to lurk mostly but I’ve seen “professional” sign companies ask how to print/cut a logo and/or work their own machines, a whole load of companies/sign makers that don’t know how to price their jobs.. pretty worrying stuff. Sometimes baloney is warranted. Simple as that! Lol

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Soooo........ why is it, when people come here looking for answers..... is it like pulling frickin' teeth to get them to give us ample information to even know what they're talking about ??

Ya hafta ask the same question like 5 times before they even consider helping you..... to help them.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Soooo........ why is it, when people come here looking for answers..... is it like pulling frickin' teeth to get them to give us ample information to even know what they're talking about ??

Ya hafta ask the same question like 5 times before they even consider helping you..... to help them.

Reminds me of the customers that walk in and go “how much is a banner”. No mention if it needs designed, how big they want it.. just know they want a banner and you and your crystal ball have to do the rest.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I get ya, iPrint..... but I'm really grinding about these so-called sign people that don't have a clue as to what they're doing, what's going on or how to do a danged thing. They ask dumber questions than the customers and then stand there with their mouths half open waiting for an answer.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
I get ya, iPrint..... but I'm really grinding about these so-called sign people that don't have a clue as to what they're doing, what's going on or how to do a danged thing. They ask dumber questions than the customers and then stand there with their mouths half open waiting for an answer.
The problem is that everyone thinks making signs is easy. You just need a printer and a cutter. They've never actually worked in a sign shop prior to opening one so they don't know proper materials and application.

So when someone walks in the door looking for a quote on something a little more involved, they've no idea where to start. Hence the dumb questions we get.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Whoever it was that won the 1.6b lottery last week.... I need to find them. They touched me inappropriately 30 years ago.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Honestly my biggest worry is the guys that don’t have simple pricing nailed. I.e how much to charge for just simply making a sign or banner. Too many of them that simply google how much a big online company would sell them for, then wondering why they’re not making any profit.

Why would you even open a shop if you don’t know exactly what your overheads are, est. profit per unit, how much EVERYTHING costs and how much profit you need to make a business viable? There’s a little vain on my forehead that pops out whenever I see a “how much would you charge for this?” Thread. It really is signs 101 lol

SignsSupport

Support & Tech Administrator
OMG. This thread... Wow.

I suppose I'm accuser #3 ... I'm quite attractive so I understand they'd want to touch me too.. But I feel so violated.. My therapist and I are still working to resolve the PTSD issues that ensued after the assault.. She's teaching me how to finally cope with the constant nightmares of being groped so maliciously.. So ... I think $500,000,000 will be a satisfactory settlement :eek:o_O:D:p

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Another thing to add................

people who don't have a clue as to what they are talking about, but yet fill the room with sounds..... mostly hissing sounds.

oooh, I hate when that happens. :covereyes: