Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horizontal lines showing up on vinyl

Discussion in 'Roland' started by lowester, Nov 19, 2008.

1. lowester

lowester New Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Hi, we have a versacamm and when we print, you can actaully see the horizonal lines on the vinyl. Does anyone know what might be causing this?

Thanks,

Tags:
  2. Try performing a search for "banding".

Usually speeds, heat, profile, etc.....

3. Tparkin

Tparkin Member

Jan 28, 2007
    I have that issue with my VersaCamm if I'm using material that just came in or has been stored in another area w/ different temp, humidity, etc...particularly with Arlon products. I learned the hard way that the material need to be acclimated to the room where your printer works.

4. lowester

lowester New Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Ok, thanks guys.. I was wondering if it had something to do with the temp and humid of the room.. we just got the material.. its an Avery EZRS vinyl.

5. D&Tgraphics

D&Tgraphics Very Active Member

May 17, 2007
    Lockport, NY
    Well, That's your first problem right there!! :thumb:

6. lowester

lowester New Member

Nov 12, 2008
    ah really.. is it bad material??

7. Bigdawg

Bigdawg Just Me

Jun 8, 2005
    Sunny Florida
    Check the feed rate. Check the heat settings, make sure the head is clean. If this isn't a material you've used before you might have to adjust the feed rate or make sure you roll out what you need instead of letting it pull off the roll. Do you use the plastic end thingys (yes, that's a technical term) on the rolls? That can help the material pull easier. All of this can contribute to the problem...

8. lowester

lowester New Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Would it help if i go the profile from the site for the avery product?.. I read somewhere about that..

9. Bigdawg

Bigdawg Just Me

Jun 8, 2005
    Sunny Florida
    Yeah :doh:

10. Tparkin

Tparkin Member

Jan 28, 2007
    I've actually found that in many cases the generic profiles that reside in VersaWorks (assuming you are using versaworks) work better than the manufacturers profiles. Again, definitely the case with the Arlon stuff. The generic cast profile works better for me than Arlons GT profiles.

11. ChiknNutz

ChiknNutz Major Contributor

Apr 18, 2003
    It's a crap shoot on "stock" profiles. Everyone should really be creating their own. Check your media feed rate and bi-directional adjustments (all available form the main menu, and check your manual for specifics).

12. lowester

lowester New Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Ok, thanks for all the help!! i'll go thru this stuff tonight and see if i can resolve the issue.