• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Horizontal lines showing up on vinyl

lowester

Hi, we have a versacamm and when we print, you can actaully see the horizonal lines on the vinyl. Does anyone know what might be causing this?

Thanks,

Tparkin

I have that issue with my VersaCamm if I'm using material that just came in or has been stored in another area w/ different temp, humidity, etc...particularly with Arlon products. I learned the hard way that the material need to be acclimated to the room where your printer works.

lowester

Ok, thanks guys.. I was wondering if it had something to do with the temp and humid of the room.. we just got the material.. its an Avery EZRS vinyl.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Check the feed rate. Check the heat settings, make sure the head is clean. If this isn't a material you've used before you might have to adjust the feed rate or make sure you roll out what you need instead of letting it pull off the roll. Do you use the plastic end thingys (yes, that's a technical term) on the rolls? That can help the material pull easier. All of this can contribute to the problem...

Tparkin

I've actually found that in many cases the generic profiles that reside in VersaWorks (assuming you are using versaworks) work better than the manufacturers profiles. Again, definitely the case with the Arlon stuff. The generic cast profile works better for me than Arlons GT profiles.

ChiknNutz

It's a crap shoot on "stock" profiles. Everyone should really be creating their own. Check your media feed rate and bi-directional adjustments (all available form the main menu, and check your manual for specifics).