• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How Are The Roland CAMM-1 GR Series For Perf Cutting?

Looking to possibly purchase the Roland CAMM-1 GR540 Series. I would use it for the perf cut feature 90% of the time, we do a lot of die-cut custom shape stickers. Any input would be great.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
You'd be better off with a Graphtec. It has an option to position the blade over a small channel purely for perf cutting so you don't ruin the cutting strip.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Apologies, thought it was the same as the rest of the Roland range.
We previously had a VS device without the gutter.

This isn't a good sign:
https://signs101.com/threads/roland-gr-540-or-graphtec-fc8600-130.140949/#post-1377287

Plenty on here will vouch for the Graphtec as a good perf cutter. Summa is also a decent choice, but I seem to recall something about perf cut not being its forte.
We have zero issues with perf cuts on our FC8600.

Apologies, thought it was the same as the rest of the Roland range.
We previously had a VS device without the gutter.

This isn't a good sign:
https://signs101.com/threads/roland-gr-540-or-graphtec-fc8600-130.140949/#post-1377287

Plenty on here will vouch for the Graphtec as a good perf cutter. Summa is also a decent choice, but I seem to recall something about perf cut not being its forte.
We have zero issues with perf cuts on our FC8600.

Ahh. Thanks for the link!

I will have to look into how to perf cut with it. I use Versaworks dual to print on our sg540, I’ve never strayed away from Rolands software, I assume I cant use the graphtech with versaworks.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
You can't use it directly, but you can make it work quite easily.
You'd start by installing the Cutting Master plugin from Graphtec which allows you to add registration marks to your design in Illustrator. You can then save the file to PDF and print in VersaWorks as you usually would (keeping scale at 100%).
Once dry, you can load the print into the Graphtec, load up Cutting Master again and trigger the cut job from there. It's only a few seconds of work once you've done it a couple of times.

TomK

Summa all the way. You can do contour cuts and perf cuts without changing anything. Send and walk away and come back and popout the product.

With the graphtec, after contour cut you have to pop the blade holder, take it out, drop in other slot, and resend your perf cut job. Then move it back for next job.

Summa you don't have to move anything.

Everything we do has a perf cut on it, I moved from a graphtec fc8600 to two summa's and I never looked back.

Why the other brands make perf cuts a two step manual process is crazy, like perf cuts were an after thought during product design. Especially for the single print and cut machines like Roland.