• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how big is your facitily

Gino

Premium Subscriber
8.800 sq ft and I wish we had more. Our storage area is another 1,200. I could use another 3,000 or 4,000. Our old shop was about 14,500 and it was sweet, except we rented....

Some of your rooms can be doubled up using wheels on certain items.

I think if you are planning, you're thinking too small with 1,500 sq ft. Believe me, if what you have planned, based on your list to be using in your business, that'll be too small the day after you open the doors.

Your biggest problem will be your vehicle room. You barely have room to work comfortably on a car, let alone a truck or a big truck, let alone, maybe two at once. What happens if you just finished a vehicle and the guy can't pick it up because he fell and no one can get there..... and you have another truck scheduled ?? I don't know about your area, but around here, while a vehicle is in your care, you are 100% responsible for it's welfare and unless you pay through the nose to your insurance company for extra insurance, you aren't covered if you park it on the street and someone vandalizes it or does something worse.

Right now, we have two trucks in here for one customer, one for another and one for still yet another. The storm knocked our schedule out of whack, but we can't leave these trucks outside overnight. During the day we roll them out, but no one came last night, so we had to jockey them all around and bring 'em back in.

Your layout sounds good when moving from your home into a nice shop, but if you're contemplating wraps, busy schedules and building a customer base.... you're gonna need more room right off the bat, for sure.