Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can acheive this look?

Discussion in 'Corel' started by Graphics2u, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Graphics2u

Graphics2u Very Active Member

Jan 31, 2007
    Iowa
    I have Corel Photo Paint ver 9 and also Flexi pro. I need to take grayscale photos and give them this appearence. In flexi I have taken a solid color and applied a Transparent Lens to it and placed that over the photo and got close but these clients want it to look more like this picture. The trouble with the way I'm doing it is that to acheive the color density the transparency is almost gone and you can hardly see the photo any more. I also have Illustrator but just not sure how to do this. Is there a filter opr something I could use?

Thanks for any input.

Attached Files:

• Help.jpg
      Help.jpg
      File size:
      375.7 KB
      Views:
    Tags:
  2. Replicator

Replicator Major Contributor

Nov 19, 2006
    Sun City, AZ
    Photoshop !

3. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    sepia tone

4. mtmdesigns

mtmdesigns Active Member

Jun 23, 2006
    I before E accept after C

5. javila

javila Active Member

Jul 30, 2006
    Inside of Photo Paint, look under the Effects menu, you'll see a submenu for Textures. Try any one of those. You can probably get away with the "stone" one tweake.

(I assume your looking for that canvas-ish texture on the picture?)

If it's the color style you're looking for, open the grayscal picture then go to Adjust > Replace colors. Window ill pop up with Old Color and New color. Pick whatever New color you want to give to the image.

6. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    There are a few ways to do this in PP
    If you want a lot of control.
    Open your "objects" docker on the right.
    Add a new object on top of your background.
    Fill it solid with the color you want to add to the background.
    Go to the "merge mode" drop down tab in the docker and select the "Add" option.
    You can then play with the transparency of the merge to adjust the strength of the effect.
    Flip through all the merge options to see which one gives you the result you are looking for.
    Another way to do it is to convert the image to a Duotone.
    Look in the Image drop down menu at the top of the screen Image>Convert to> Duotone.
    When the window pops up select the "Load" option to bring up the presets.
    Try a few of those or build your own by selecting mode (mono-dual-tri- or quad) then double click on the pantone color presented to bring up a pallet to choose a new color from. Your image will update as you work. You can mess with the ramp curve to adjust the way the color(s) blend.

wayne k
    guam usa

7. Graphics2u

Jan 31, 2007
    Iowa

Thanks for the spelling lesson I'll keep it in mind.

8. Graphics2u

Jan 31, 2007
    Iowa
    I'm sorry I am looking for the color. That was just a bad scan. but your other suggestion might help, Thanks!

9. Graphics2u

Jan 31, 2007
    Iowa

Great!! Thanks, I'll try those ideas!