• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How can this company get away with crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flame

Its really scary to me that so many find this acceptable. I am sorry whether temporary or "transit". Is no excuse for not doing the install correctly. Once you start down that slope of allowing even small mistakes it snowballs till everything looks like garbage because it has gained acceptance. I find it ironic the same guys posting that this is acceptable are some of the same people who complain about bad designs. This is no different.

Whatever happened to the morals of do the job right or not at all?? I guess the service beat that into me and its something the civilian world is severely lacking and seems only to be getting worse. I do every job to the best of my abilities and am always striving to improve. If a job is pure garbage I am not afraid to just call it quits and tell the client I can't perform the task.

:noway:Shame on the installers who did this and those who find this acceptable.

How the **** are you still on here?

rjssigns

"At 50 feet and 50 miles an hour who gives a f---!"
M. Wauters

Learned this from my friend who did billboards with a 2" cutter and skill.

Prowraps nailed it. schlock it on cuz it's comin' off next week.

Locals Find!

Wow! so let me understand this its ok for a company to tell you how to run your business and what you're allowed to charge? However, you feel ok about letting them run your business because your going to do lousy work for them.

How, the hell does this make any sense?? I don't get it?

The way I am seeing it is AllOver Media is the pimp, your the whore and the end Customer is the John. Correct me if I am wrong here please.

HulkSmash

Wow! so let me understand this its ok for a company to tell you how to run your business and what you're allowed to charge? However, you feel ok about letting them run your business because your going to do lousy work for them.

How, the hell does this make any sense?? I don't get it?

The way I am seeing it is AllOver Media is the pimp, your the whore and the end Customer is the John. Correct me if I am wrong here please.

When you have 25 semis lined up and you need to do them all in 4 days. This is how it's done. I'm not saying it's the right way... but.. yeah..

jkdbjj

The other piece not mentioned so far, is let's say this ad is for Wells Fargo who recently blanketed the US after taking over Wachovia. You could see their ads on buses, trains, everywhere.

Guess what though, even though the work was horrid in most places, the people who signed the check at Wells Fargo, NEVER saw the actual prints.

So for Addie or anyone else beating the drum about "I wouldn't pay for this", it doesn't apply. Do you think an Exec for Wells Fargo drove around all 50 states for the month or two those ads were up saying "ah an air bubble!

Get your head out of the clouds. That type of work is not interior graphics.

Locals Find!

The other piece not mentioned so far, is let's say this ad is for Wells Fargo who recently blanketed the US after taking over Wachovia. You could see their ads on buses, trains, everywhere.

Guess what though, even though the work was horrid in most places, the people who signed the check at Wells Fargo, NEVER saw the actual prints.

So for Addie or anyone else beating the drum about "I wouldn't pay for this", it doesn't apply. Do you think an Exec for Wells Fargo drove around all 50 states for the month or two those ads were up saying "ah an air bubble!

Get your head out of the clouds. That type of work is not interior graphics.

So, because a client isn't going to see the work its ok to screw them over by not doing your job right??

It is interesting to see the lack of morals around here. No wonder the industry isn't respected in the public's eye.

jkdbjj

When you have 25 semis lined up and you need to do them all in 4 days. This is how it's done. I'm not saying it's the right way... but.. yeah..
Other thing is, if you did a quality install on these 25 semis, you'd be out of business. The ad campaign would have already ended by the time the install was done. Client would be pissed.

Can you imagine the conversation....

Setting is April 1st.

McDonalds: Hey wrap 25 semis for us that advertise May is free biscuit month

Sign Shop: Sure, I'll do the best job you have ever seen. No air bubbles, no creases, just perfection.

McDonalds: Great! we don't usually get that treatment! You sure you can do it for a few pennies and have it done tomorrow?

Sign Shop: Huh? Well it will take us 4 weeks to wrap them all, and we get paid 2 dollars per/sqft. We also require you to wash all the trucks.

Sign Shop: Hello? Is anyone there? Dial tone...

A few days later...

Sign Shop: Two co workers talk about the recent big opportunity. "Man, we would have done the best job for them" "They don't know what they are missing" "I am sure someone else is just going to screw that job up"
:cool:

jkdbjj

So, because a client isn't going to see the work its ok to screw them over by not doing your job right??

It is interesting to see the lack of morals around here. No wonder the industry isn't respected in the public's eye.
The clients that size, understand there isn't time to be perfect.

This isn't a moral issue man. This is, get the job done, we are paying to get the ads up now, doesn't matter if it is perfect. THE CLIENT UNDERSTANDS it is impossible to be perfect in the real world on jobs like that!

Stop muddying the waters and learn something.

mark galoob

i have to say all the holier than thou crap really is funny...its ridiculus to think that billboard work needs to be anything else but billboard work. its made for a specific purpose ie to be seen at 50' going 50mph...

it doesnt have to be perfect and its not supposed to be perfect...jeez its not a freakin davinci, its a billboard for petes sake.

addie im calling you out here, i think you are trying to provoke the peeps into a fight

mark galoob

jkdbjj

i have to say all the holier than thou crap really is funny...its ridiculus to think that billboard work needs to be anything else but billboard work. its made for a specific purpose ie to be seen at 50' going 50mph...

it doesnt have to be perfect and its not supposed to be perfect...jeez its not a freakin davinci, its a billboard for petes sake.

addie im calling you out here, i think you are trying to provoke the peeps into a fight

mark galoob
Actually Mark it is probably he Addie has never been in this kind of situation. One in which requires 5 subs working on 15 semis to be done by the end of the week. Ads will be up for a month and then need to be removed.

He is probably unaware it is near impossible to do a seamless perfect wrap under those circumstances. Actually Addie might, because of his moral sense turn the job down because there might be air bubbles etc...

To each his own I guess.

Locals Find!

The clients that size, understand there isn't time to be perfect.

This isn't a moral issue man. This is, get the job done, we are paying to get the ads up now, doesn't matter if it is perfect. THE CLIENT UNDERSTANDS it is impossible to be perfect in the real world on jobs like that!

Stop muddying the waters and learn something.

Actually Mark it is probably he Addie has never been in this kind of situation. One in which requires 5 subs working on 15 semis to be done by the end of the week. Ads will be up for a month and then need to be removed.

He is probably unaware it is near impossible to do a seamless perfect wrap under those circumstances. Actually Addie might, because of his moral sense turn the job down because there might be air bubbles etc...

To each his own I guess.

I am not talking about an air bubble or two here or there I am referring to leaving wrinkles that look like my Grandmothers face have been wrapped.

Don't tell me I need to learn something you really need to learn something here. Why are you letting others dictate your business to you?? Do you go to McDonalds and tell them your only going to pay $1.00 for Big Mac Value Meal and expect to get it?

Do you think the Ad Agency gave them a discount?? I can tell you for a fact they didn't. I have done market research for those ad agencies to help justify there costs to clients. I know how they operate and the word discount will never come up. They don't budge on price because, they know what they are worth and are willing to walk away from a losing job. Rather than risk their reputations or do lousy work.

Doing the job right in a decent time frame is not impossible. It just requires planning. I was in the Air Force and we could move an entire Air Wing to a battle field on the other side of the world in under 36 hours complete with all our equipment. We didn't get a month or even 4 days. We would get a call at Midnight that said move now! So, justifying your lack of planning, morals, and zero knowledge of running your own business by letting someone else dictate to you how you run it. Is really just a lame attempt on your part to justify being a whore.

jkdbjj

I am not talking about an air bubble or two here or there I am referring to leaving wrinkles that look like my Grandmothers face have been wrapped.

Don't tell me I need to learn something you really need to learn something here. Why are you letting others dictate your business to you?? Do you go to McDonalds and tell them your only going to pay $1.00 for Big Mac Value Meal and expect to get it?

Do you think the Ad Agency gave them a discount?? I can tell you for a fact they didn't. I have done market research for those ad agencies to help justify there costs to clients. I know how they operate and the word discount will never come up. They don't budge on price because, they know what they are worth and are willing to walk away from a losing job. Rather than risk their reputations or do lousy work.

Doing the job right in a decent time frame is not impossible. It just requires planning. I was in the Air Force and we could move an entire Air Wing to a battle field on the other side of the world in under 36 hours complete with all our equipment. We didn't get a month or even 4 days. We would get a call at Midnight that said move now! So, justifying your lack of planning, morals, and zero knowledge of running your own business by letting someone else dictate to you how you run it. Is really just a lame attempt on your part to justify being a whore.
Lot of big words Addie:
air-force, planning, midnight, air wing, battle field, dictate, grandmother, agency.

Your missing the point. YOU have not apparently done a job like this, so YOU can't speak about it.
I have done a job like this, and I have turned some of them away because it was impossible or impractical for me to do them.

I get picked on because of my obsession with perfect prints etc... However, this is another animal. I can assure you the people who installed the pic in the OP up top here, can probably do a nice wrap as well. Me thinks you are over reacting a bit here...:wink:

Bottom line, McDonalds has NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER EVER EVER
lost a sale on a big mac from a bad wrap. Get over it!

HulkSmash

addy, i've come to the conclusion, quite a while ago, you're never going to full understand this business. There's something wrong with your brain that just can't comprehend most things.

HulkSmash

99% of the time these are printed on a material called busmark, or its a removable 3m vinyl. They're not laminated like normal prints, but liquid laminated....which is pretty much just there for uv protection.. and adds nothing thicker for installeer.. on the most part.. pretty hard to work with.. especially on rivets and ribs. MOST, almost all, of the time these are printed at massive print shops, and then outsourced to an installer. These installers have a one time shot to do this. They mess up? Too bad, deal with it.. there's no replacement pieces..nothing. You just move on, and try your best to not screw up with material that doesn't wrap very well. Transit is a whole different ball game compared to regular wraps that will come in a shop. Most places won't touch them.. but there's money to be made if you have the right people to do the job...

Christian @ 2CT Media

There are certain jobs that are hang and bang... some of these large agencies will specifically ask you to do it as fast as possible and mistakes are ok. If you feel that is another company dictating your company you always have the right to refuse the work.

The biggest thing is that the quality of those jobs aren't a reflection on your company, we have dealt with 3 agencies so far this year and all 3 times we had sign contracts stating that these jobs couldn't be discussed as our install work... meaning we have no ties directly to the job save for the agency, we can't advertise it as our work and those agencies don't discuss who does the installations as it is typically whoever is cheapest and fastest at the time of the job.

jkdbjj

addy, i've come to the conclusion, quite a while ago, you're never going to full understand this business. There's something wrong with your brain that just can't comprehend most things.

Basically what he is saying is there is never a situation where quality should be sacrificed.

I mean he says he was airforce. Let's say the mission was to destroy a town up the road. Would it matter if it was bomb 1, bomb 2 or attack 1, on attack 2? I would think as long as the town was leveled everyone would be happy.

What he can't translate is Mcdonalds desires to reach audience X, is willing to pay X, and at the end of the day that desire was achieved. The only one whining is Addie and maybe another person or two.

As long as the paying customer is happy and their goals have been reached why are we even discussing this, ya know?

The othe thing is Addie thinks we are promoting crappy work, and this seems to be fuel for him to call people whores.

Locals Find!

Lot of big words Addie:
air-force, planning, midnight, air wing, battle field, dictate, grandmother, agency.

Your missing the point. YOU have not apparently done a job like this, so YOU can't speak about it.
I have done a job like this, and I have turned some of them away because it was impossible or impractical for me to do them.

I get picked on because of my obsession with perfect prints etc... However, this is another animal. I can assure you the people who installed the pic in the OP up top here, can probably do a nice wrap as well. Me thinks you are over reacting a bit here...:wink:

Bottom line, McDonalds has NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER EVER EVER
lost a sale on a big mac from a bad wrap. Get over it!

Nevermind, I just realized who I was arguing with here. Go crowd source your next wrap job and quit arguing with me. You will never truly understand what I am trying to teach you.

Colorado, I probably won't ever understand some parts of this business and I am fine with that. I will stick to making sure every bit of work that goes out under my companies name is the best it can be.

The part that bothers me the most is allowing the degradation of our value by allowing that kinda work to continue. However, you do what you want. I am just one voice. If the masses think its acceptable then well I will continue to be the outsider and be happier for it.

Have a nice weekend I am off to watch my Football team kick some butt.

Status
Not open for further replies.