• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How can this company get away with crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christian @ 2CT Media

So you would prefer to have an entire market disappear because it doesn't fit into you're standards scope?

You know what happens when a industry tries to control all avenues? Innovation, someone who has a will to fill a certain hole will create some machine that can do what you don't want to do and that filters into markets that you do want, eventually causing you to complain that its destroying your profession. Its a vicious cycle, look at the hand painters, air brushers, etc.

rjssigns

Some people will never learn. I truly believe there are members on this forum who have nothing better to do than start a sh*t storm.

Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

jkdbjj

Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
I personally regret the arguments I have had on here with some people. I mean I got stuff off my chest about how I felt about them, but I could have done it in a more tactful way.

BTW, I think you should coin that quote, put it on t-shirt and bumper stickers and sell it like crazy. You might be able to retire!

Good point!

Edit: I'm actually stealing your quote ;) and posting it on my facebook. I'll give you credit it though.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Some just are not going to understand or or be able to wrap their head around OOH work. We manage the entire ad program for the bus system here. We just very recently printed 7 full bus wraps for WF. These were for a 30 day flight and getting ripped right back off. Printed them on Busmark, no laminate. Did put some cheap app tape on them though to give my guys a little easier time. Had my own crew plus 2 contracted crews working 18+ hours both days. We had to install all 7 full wraps (with perf) plus 36 queen posters. All in one weekend and we got it done with the 6 of us. Oh my look at those nasty wrinkles and wretched cuts :omg: - dont have pics of any more wrinkles or bubbles but some had some pretty massive bubbles for sure too!

Local WF branches thought they looked great as did a bigwig or two who did spot checks. Coudl they have been done much better, heck yeah. I'd have lost a ton of money if we did though becuase I'd had to have contracted 3 more crews so everyone could be meticulous.

Would we ever do an install of that quality on something intended to last more than a month? Of course not. Would we ever do an install of that quality on something only going to be on for a couple of days but it's going to be in the middle of a major event or something. Of course not.

Attachments

• wf1a.jpg
    wf1a.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 93
  • wf2a.jpg
    wf2a.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 91

jkdbjj

Some just are not going to understand or or be able to wrap their head around OOH work. We manage the entire ad program for the bus system here. We just very recently printed 7 full bus wraps for WF. These were for a 30 day flight and getting ripped right back off. Printed them on Busmark, no laminate. Did put some cheap app tape on them though to give my guys a little easier time. Had my own crew plus 2 contracted crews working 18+ hours both days. We had to install all 7 full wraps (with perf) plus 36 queen posters. All in one weekend and we got it done with the 6 of us. Oh my look at those nasty wrinkles and wretched cuts :omg: - dont have pics of any more wrinkles or bubbles but some had some pretty massive bubbles for sure too!

Local WF branches thought they looked great as did a bigwig or two who did spot checks. Coudl they have been done much better, heck yeah. I'd have lost a ton of money if we did though becuase I'd had to have contracted 3 more crews so everyone could be meticulous.

Would we ever do an install of that quality on something intended to last more than a month? Of course not. Would we ever do an install of that quality on something only going to be on for a couple of days but it's going to be in the middle of a major event or something. Of course not.
Nice stuff man. Unfortunately here in Charlotte it is too big of a city, and a national company got the contract for 5 years on most of our transit stuff. Kind of pisses me off they would work with local companies. Oh well...

formanek

I refuse to do crap work no matter what the price paid. Pride is pride. I also own a restaurant and if one of my cooks ever says "it's only a kids hamburger and not an adults steak" I would fire them on the spot. That kids hamburger has the same name behind it (my restaurant) as does the $20 steak.

The point is this media company has their name all over this piece of crap wrap job. Phone number included. DO YOU HONESTLY THINK SOMEONE WOULD LIKE AT THIS JOB close enough to see the phone number and that would also mean they would see all the wrinkles and call them up. "Hey, that job you did on the box truck was great".....

Those of you who spend less time on something because it pays less don't deserve to be busy. I got into the wrap business (previously graphic design, sign painter and also a HS art teacher for 15 years) because a company in Alexandria, MN wrapped a party bus I had and did a TERRIBLE job. It inspired me because people deserve better than what I got. They also deserve better than what this company puts out no matter what the price. PERIOD!:banghead:

formanek

"Bottom line, McDonalds has NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER EVER EVER
lost a sale on a big mac from a bad wrap. Get over it! "

What a stupid statement. The point isn't McDonalds. It is the company with it's name all over saying they did the wrap. Bingo!

jkdbjj

"Bottom line, McDonalds has NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER EVER EVER
lost a sale on a big mac from a bad wrap. Get over it! "

What a stupid statement. The point isn't McDonalds. It is the company with it's name all over saying they did the wrap. Bingo!
The people calling AllOver Media call them because they can get the job done, and you can't. Bingo.

formanek

The people calling AllOver Media call them because they can get the job done, and you can't. Bingo.

You know that eh? You so smart. Guess I should have introduced myself to you when you came to my shop, saw my work or for that matter came to MN. Wait.... bingo you don't know me. I can't stand people that think they know everything. Leave this thread.:thread

Locals Find!

They call all over media because the company has sales reps in just about every city slinging their garbage toilet ads and wooing people with numbers about impressions etc.. not the fact that your ad is going to go on the inside door of a toilet stall that only the guy dropping a load at your local sports bar is going to see.

jcuminale

Dilemma

I really don't get involved in either side of this now... Can see points on both, but have to wonder what the contract would say. "allover media" implies just that, and if it is "all over" (geographically speaking), that's what is expected, not "mechanical" perfection. (we see "poor quality", but accepted "advertising" in all media). I personally would have to agree with the philosophy of trying to achieve the unattainable "perfection", but realize, "professionally", sometimes it is not what the job requires...

aside from Pro wraps, Colorado signs and Sight line. no on else has a clue about fleet and transit work...

you all do not print nor install in this arena so opinions are not needed!,,

great topic but unless you live it ( My World) leave it alone..

the install from Op is horrible and not par for this kind of work!!:

george w

I'm surprised that nobody has noticed that the wrap is perfect. What is shown is in fact the graphic itself which is intended to deceive people into seeing a less than perfect job. It's quite clever actually, the surface is smooth and flawless in reality.

zmatalucci

and really, who gives a sh!t about this type of work? it's for the wh0res of the industry. I don't feel left out by not having national contracts or big names under my repertoire...I make money on custom projects where printing & installing aren't my only skills. Let these big wigs..who think their "Big" play their own game...Go out and make your own money.

HulkSmash

and really, who gives a sh!t about this type of work? it's for the wh0res of the industry. I don't feel left out by not having national contracts or big names under my repertoire...I make money on custom projects where printing & installing aren't my only skills. Let these big wigs..who think their "Big" play their own game...Go out and make your own money.

whores of the industry? Funny, and ignorant at the same time.

jkdbjj

aside from Pro wraps, Colorado signs and Sight line. no on else has a clue about fleet and transit work...

you all do not print nor install in this arena so opinions are not needed!,,

great topic but unless you live it ( My World) leave it alone..

the install from Op is horrible and not par for this kind of work!!:
Acceptable or not on the OP pic, transit work is simply going to be less then perfect more often than not. That seems to be a hard pill for some moralistic wrappers to swallow I suppose. I just recommend they stay away from that kind of business, ya know?

Example I was on our local lightrail the other day with my kids. I noticed all the perf was laminated with regular laminate so you couldn't really see out the window cause it wasn't optically clear. I actually called the national company that has the contract, just to inquire about that product selection, and they were clueless, saying "oh I dunno, we just put so much stuff out, I am not sure"

I was just genuinely curious, I wasn't complaining to them, I was just asking from one sign company to another. In my mind I was like, "how is that acceptable". So it seems there is plenty to learn for us outside the transit world.

we are nowhere close to the biggest but hands down one of the best!,, you should also be careful about calling one a whore.. this kind of work is upper seven figures annually at 50%+ margin so I kinda give a sh!t...

Wiggum PI

they(the "client") don't even give you the option of an air release material most of the time, you get supplied sh*t and apply it in an unrealistic time for any finishing. You take the work or you don't, its short term advertising and these marketing guys aren't shopping for longevity or perfection in application for transit wraps..blame the "transit wrap vinyls" lol
and I can kill a tented rivet from 1 mile lol

Status
Not open for further replies.