• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How come flexi does not print exactly like...

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I just checked, apparently Flexi 8.5 don't have that feature. It has a multitude of settings that can be used for color adjustments, but nothing called "rendering intent".

Wrong, rendering intents are fundamental to digital printing. Here's how you set them....

In Flexi: Edit->Color Settings... Note that the third tab on the dialog that's displayed is clearly labeled 'Rendering Intents'.

In Flexi's RIP and Print: On the third tab [Advanced Options] invoke the "Color Settings" button. Note that the second tab on the dialog that's displayed is clearly labeled "Rendering Intents".

In Production Manager: On the third tab [Color Management] invoke the 'Advanced' button. Note the set of drop down menus at the bottom of the dialog that's displayed clearly labeled "Rendering Intents".

In Corel Draw: Tools->Color Management... Click on the image in the center, the three colored circles. Note that the first drop down menu on the dialog that's displayed is clearly labeld "Rendering Intent".

luggnut

i would think saving them as an EPS or bitmap and importing into flexi would be you best bet a anyway... copting and pasting is probably losing something in the translation. when you copy it doesn't get the information you would get from saving as EPS. so corels settings and things are not in the copy and if they are they are probably unreadble by flexi.

bbeens

No. If the RIP is Flexi then rendering intent is involved unless color correction is turned off. Even then I'm not all that sure that rendering intent is bypassed.

I guess I was not clear. Rendering intents will have an affect any time an output profile is enabled. Note: if all colors in your file are within the gamut of your output profile the affect will have little if any net change. Biggest concern with rendering intents is out of gamut color.

Bryan

imagep

:thumb:Thanks guys, I finally found "rendering intent". After I finish the 6 banners that we are working on I will experiment with those settings.

0igo

how do you guys get your mutoh printer to print from corel draw? i usually output my file from corel as eps and then import it into flexisign and print from there but some files for whatever reason will not import to flexi.

I'd like to know how you're printing directly from Corel as well, as that would save me a step. In almost every instance, I'll take my Corel file and convert it into a .jpg, then import that into Flexi and print from there. I haven't had any instances where the color was screwy, and I use a lot of Pantone colors. A caveat, though, you'll need to play with the output profiles until you get a setting that works. I outputted several Pantone swatches and played with the profiles until they very closely matched.

Why do you open in flexi? I understand the OP needs to setup a cut and print file. But if you are just going to print the .jpg why not just open with production manager. Skips another step.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Why not skip Flexi entirely and just use cutting master from graphtec to cut? I've completely abandoned Flexi in lieu of Cutting Master driven by Illustrator. I was a diehard Scanvec fan for a long time and I can't be happier not using it now.

Don't think he had issue or asked about cutting anything....

Superior7

Export your flexi file as an eps. Open in Corel and print. An extra step but worth not beating your head against a wall trying to figure this out

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Most of the posts in this thread are over 6 years old yall'.....

Aside from that I have no idea if its a Mutoh specific thing but if you are using Flexi and want to skip using the Designer interface or manually loading files directly into Production Manager you need to select the option when installing the printer in Production Manager to also install the desktop print driver and enable the hot folder functions in Production Manager.

I don't personally use it but do have it installed. Our printers that are in Flexi also show up in Windows just like any other desktop printer.

Another thing I see in the older posts are a severe lack of understanding of color management and random clicking, trial, and error in an attempt to get good results instead of learning what the different settings means and how to properly configure everything for consistent color.