• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do I bevel text in Illustrator? Please help...

signmeup

Well..... he asked for Illustrator.....
I emailed him a 1/4 sized jpeg at 300 dpi and asked how it would work. We shall see.

Tim Kingston

Thanks, Tim! I've started working with Photoshop more lately and was wondering if should choose smart objects or pixels when pasting. Now I know the difference! Thanks!

Another reason to use smart objects in Photoshop, if you take a bitmap (raster image) and transform ( scale) it up and down a few times you will affect the pixels and dregrade them, even before you save the file. However if you take that layer and convert it to a smart object first ( layers panel option ) you can scale it up and down until the cows come home and it will never affect the pixels.
So, if you aren't sure about placement and how large the item is going to be, I think it is very wise to convert the layer to a smart object first and then have at it! Tim

GB2

Old Member
You can create vector beveled text like your first example in Gerber Omega. If you want, you can send me the text you need and I can vector bevel it for you, if you can't do it yourself. Here's a picture of the result and each facet of the bevel is an individual vector.

Attachments

• Beveled Text Test.jpg
    Beveled Text Test.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 59