• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do I level the head?

Ken1f

Yesterday I replaced the black dampers on my 1204 and when I was trying to get all the air from the lines I noticed that the caping station was not drawing ink. I removed it and cleaned all lines but when I was about to replace it I noticed that the head is a lot higher in the rear (red arrow) than the front (blue arrow) did I do this when replacing the two black dampers? I'm not sure about the proper way to make it level again. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Attachments

• 1204 head.jpg
    1204 head.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 86

Stealth Ryder

you somehow moved the head from it's correct position while replacing the damper... remove it all and start over, the head will "snap" into place when it is installed correctly...

Ken1f

Thanks, you were right on the money. I had loosened a couple screws just in front of the dampers then decided that was not the way to get to the dampers. When I retightened them I didn't realize that the back of that pc. had moved causing the pressure that changed the head. I pulled all the dampers, replaced the pc and now the head is where it belongs.

Ken

Ken1f

Coming from a sailing background, my first thought was, "head up into the wind..."

:ROFLMAO: I have to be more careful on how I post.
Should have been.
"How do I level the head on my mutoh valuejet 1204? I screwed up and need help."