• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do i reproduce this in flexi?

anothersign

I need a rectangle with 1/2 inch outline but i need 3 corners square and one corner rounded and i am drawing a blank...any ideas how i do this?
These were painted on this hood and the hood was busted in an accident so i repaired and repainted the hood and need to replace the stripes with vinyl.

Attachments

• IMAG0157.jpg
    IMAG0157.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I need a rectangle with 1/2 inch outline but i need 3 corners square and one corner rounded and i am drawing a blank...any ideas how i do this?
These were painted on this hood and the hood was busted in an accident so i repaired and repainted the hood and need to replace the stripes with vinyl.

Make the rectangle you need, select it, then Arrange->Convert To Outlines. Now it's just a plain vanilla object.

Select the corner you want to round with the Select Point tool and then use the Round Corner tool to make it all nice and round.

After you get the shape you want then add the outline.

tsgstl

not sure I am understanding correctly, but I would draw all rectangles with no radius at desired size and then individually round the corners that need rounding in the box editor in the DesignCentral window tab

Richard G

maybe this will work better for you I know I am a picture person not to good at words. 1. is a stroke at .5 and then 1 time only highlight the box and press convert to outline, once you do that go to step 2 and your round corner tool and apply to the corner you wish, then step 3 your done. hope this makes sense to you.

Attachments

• 2 rounded corners only.jpg
    2 rounded corners only.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 310

skyhigh

not sure I am understanding correctly, but I would draw all rectangles with no radius at desired size and then individually round the corners that need rounding in the box editor in the DesignCentral window tab

I'd do it the opposite way......
1. I'd draw my rectangle with the desired radius for the one corner.
2. convert to outline, then use the "square corner" tool on the 3 corners.
3. add the skew you need.
4. add the desired outline thickness and offset.

Attachments

• square & round.jpg
    square & round.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 152

tsgstl

I'd do it the opposite way......
1. I'd draw my rectangle
2. convert to outline, then use the "square corner" tool on the 3 corners.
3. add the skew you need.
4. add the desired outline thickness and offset.

Ahhh I see more now what he is looking for, not sure if the OP has been changed or not but I swear I read it 5 times. Yeah that would work or you could keep a master copy without rounded corners and just align and weld away all but the one corner that needs to be square, then weld on the corner. There is probably 100 ways to do it