• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do salespeople print off flexi files?

mathanhorn

I am in sales where we all have our pc's on a server. The main designer (small sign shop) has flexi and does all of our designs. She sends us jpegs so we can email customers. When we need clean hard copies (jpegs print pixally), we have her print us copies to the printer.

My question is when we get swamped in the summer, it's hard to bug her for hard copies all of the time. What are some of the ways people on this site handle this situaltion. I am leaning towards getting adobe illustrator and having her email me ai files so I can pick my format to email or change to pdf but I wanted to get your feedback.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
Matt

BobbyFosson

Export the file as PDF or purchase PDF Convert such as Acrobat Professional or google for PDF and download one of the free PDF converter software programs.

My 2 cents

mathanhorn

Thank you very much

I jumped online and downloaded primo pdf and it is exactly what we were looking for. Pictures printed off just a clean as if they were straight off of flexi to the printer.

Much thanks.
Matt

Spud

Matt - did you print the jpeg she gives you or a pdf? Just wondering because the girl that just started working for us I want a easy way for her to print off stuff up front.

Thanks!

tmac

I export out of flexi and convert to tiff I uncheck supress options and set dpi at 300,that usually prints pretty good

thewood

Primo PDF rocks. Just be selective who you email them to. It's an easy way for someone to rip off your vectorized art!

BobbyFosson

Once your design is complete, go to File>Template>Apply Template and choose a template... then print as a PDF or save as JPG and email that... The templates can be edited as you see fit by adding your logo, copyright information, watermark, etc. Wrote an article on it a while back on the FlexiEzine.com site.

Attachments

• FlexiEzine.pdf
    105.7 KB · Views: 148