• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do you deal with the badges on the front and rear of a vehicle

simpson246

Hi all, I'm wondering how you deal with the badges on the front and rear of a car, in particular, the ones that have all the letters separately.

Obviously you will have to remove them below wrapping but after wrapping how do you deal with them?

How do you re-attach? Small cuts of double sided tape?

How do you deal with placing them exactly back in the right position. Simply measuring all positions before removal?

It'll be interesting to see how you all deal with this.

Thanks,

visual800

I dont wrap but sometimes badges get in the way of lettering. I remove them IF they are the ones that are just double sided taped on and I dont worry about putting them back on HOWEVER if you wanna put them back on replace the tape on the back of them and go for it

Emblems are distracting and should be removed anyway. We remove them by lifting up one edge with flathead and them pulling it off and then coming back with razor scraper and removing all double stick debris

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Remove them, hand them to the customer. Once in their hand it becomes their problem.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
If I encounter badges when working on a vehicle, I ask If I can remove them, if they say that is cool ... off they go ... I tell them how to stick them back on and the world is a happy place.

jfiscus

Rap Master
If I encounter badges when working on a vehicle, I ask If I can remove them, if they say that is cool ... off they go ... I tell them how to stick them back on and the world is a happy place.

I always ask them if the vehicle manufacturer is paying them to advertise their vehicles for them. When they respond no, it's usually an easy sell on removing them. The emblems with pins that go into holes always go back on, but regular VHB applied emblems stay off once removed. We use the thin plastic scrapers to pop one end off and then lift gently until the decal is free, the old tape can be removed by grabbing a corner and pulling away from the rest of the tape along the vehicle. (no scraping necessary in most cases)

3M VHB (double-sided tape) is what the manufacturers use and can be purchased at any auto parts store or places like ACE, it's always good to have rolls on hand for instances like this.

Take em off with a heat gun and throw em in the glove box let the client know they are there and let them decide if and how they want to re apply them.

visual800

if you reattached you need to use 3M double sided tape available at automotive suppliers, none of the white squishy stuff

threeputt

We ask first. Then remove.

We've never re-applied manufacturer's badging over top of a wrap.

We put them in clear baggies with zip tops and place them on the passenger seat, where the client will see them.