• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how do you do this:

Bigdawg

Just Me
Illustrator 8 does not have a warp tool (or envelope tool) to do this kind of art. Adobe didn't introduce it into Illustrator until Illustrator 10 so trying to do it in Ill. 8 will just drive you nuts....

Bigdawg

Just Me
That looks to be a mighty handy little plug-in John. Thanks for posting... I tend to work in Illustrator 9 cuz' it's on my main machine, and this would stop me from having to jump programs (or machines) to get what I need!!

PMG

BigdawgDesign said:
Illustrator 8 does not have a warp tool (or envelope tool) to do this kind of art. Adobe didn't introduce it into Illustrator until Illustrator 10 so trying to do it in Ill. 8 will just drive you nuts....
:rolleyes: yours dont or didnt!!LOL

Bigdawg

Just Me
Pro-Motion Graphix said:
yours dont or didnt!!LOL

??? Maybe I'm a little slow (okay - no maybe about it - I confess).... I hate when I don't get the joke - especially when it's on me!!! :smile:

PMG

Just messing with ya Big Dawg no harm,,i meant to post the link as Deat did,but got the boot From my network connection,!!!!! that would have cleared things up!!!!!

rtallent69

how to

in adobe go to your effects then go down to warp choose arc lower the bend slider take it to the negative side then you have that effect

Bigdawg

Just Me
rtallent69 said:
in adobe go to your effects then go down to warp choose arc lower the bend slider take it to the negative side then you have that effect

Only if you have Illustrator 10 or higher...

Git-R-Done

Funny I have been trying to do this in flexi 7.6 and even under distort in the effects menu I can not get the job done. Am I just doin' it wrong or is it not possible in flexi?

G-R-D

not tryin' to highjack your thread. Sorry!

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Git-R-Done said:
Funny I have been trying to do this in flexi 7.6 and even under distort in the effects menu I can not get the job done. Am I just doin' it wrong or is it not possible in flexi?

G-R-D

not tryin' to highjack your thread. Sorry!

I don't do much layout in Flexi but try this:

Flip the text(object) then apply the "Arch-Top" distortion from the distort menu. Set it and then you can flip the object back right side up and adjust the effect.

wayne k
guam usa

Flexi 7.6

LaKe

If you are using the warp tool in Illustrator. After you apply the effect don't forget to expand the path so your path actually takes the shape you want and isn't just visually represented that way. I'm not sure how that plug-in works if you have to expand it or not but in Illustrator 10 and up it must be expanded.

wsteely7

I tried the plugin and it seems to work, the trial version is good for 30 uses, then about $130 bucks for the complete plugin. well worth it.
thanks for all the help. I need this for one job that I am going to send to Stouse for some Car Dealer license plates.