• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How Do You Do Your Pricing?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Quote board.jpg

Johnny Best

What's the rope on the shelf for, the customer to hang himself when he misses the dart board completetly or you give him one of bob's pricing algorithms or the "blow out of your butt" choice.

Nice little setup for pricing Gino.

Create

Heres a simple take on pricing... do what the franchise shops do.. they've got to keep their franchises in business to sell more franchises, so they have worked out the bugs in financials and pricing.. Most franchise disclosures I've seen state that their franchisees have a 25% or less cost of goods - some are 20%. So reversing that, total all your materials and multiply by 4 for a 25% COGS or 5 for 20%.

Fairly simple, but to be honest, thats a great financial target to be at. For them it covers franchise fees, co-op ad costs, local ads, and that real estate they are in. Those things give independent shops an advantage, as the franchise fees and co-op costs can be 7% or so, and that real estate can be expensive.

To get an idea of what retail stores do in revenue per sq ft annually, look at the chart ive attached. To figure your rate - take your shop's annual sales and divide by your sq ft of floor space. That will give you a metric to see if you're anywhere close to the benchmarks for retail sales. Franchise sign shops in strip malls have to hit the $150 psf/yr mark to stay open. Most hit the $225-250 range. If youre not there, consider raising prices and changing your in shop marketing to upsell clients better. After all, you're in this to make money.

View attachment 127874
I was looking for information like this. Thank you very much for giving me some basis to start with.

Marlene

Glad this old post was brought up as it was nice to see Old Paint aka Joe again. Never thought I'd miss wading thru his all upper case and ))))))) responses but it made me smile to see that again.