• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how do you fight the exhaustion?

gabagoo

I have been finding so long as I keep busy I am fine, but the moment I sit down and check e-mails or take calls, or come on the forum, my body is buzzing and I feel like I could use a nice nap.

What can one take to fight this? power drinks? coffee? uppers?

whats the secret?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Letterbox Mike

5 Hour Energy drink. It doesn't have sugar or caffeine like other energy drinks, just an unholy TON of vitamin B (like 8000+ % of your daily allowance). It's in a really small bottle (like a shot), doesn't taste bad at all, and will keep you awake for a few hours at least. The best thing is it doesn't make you hyper or jittery like caffeine heavy drinks will.

I keep a few cases of it on my bookshelf next to my desk at all times. Good stuff!

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
a nap.... the joys of self employment...

At my last job, they knew I drove 2-3 hours to get there so they let me nap there too....

gnatt66

i go home...haha.

or a nice large iced coffee and the 10 minute ride that accompanies it, i like that too :)

dlndesign

I second the 5hr energy shot, awesome stuff. Try Ginko, Gensing as well, but the best you can do is get a good nights sleep and eat well for breakfast. IMHO

weaselboogie

The energy shots do work well, but I just can't see this being ok to do on a daily basis... couple times a month, but I can't imagine that a daily chug would be good for your health.

gabagoo

Good ideas.... I do find that it is best for me to get off my azz and back to work and I seem to come alive again. I should get some of these energy drinks though.

Letterbox Mike

The energy shots do work well, but I just can't see this being ok to do on a daily basis... couple times a month, but I can't imagine that a daily chug would be good for your health.

Really there's nothing in them (at least the 5 hour energy drinks) that's bad for you. Like I said, no sugar or caffeine, there are a couple odd chemicals like sodium benzoate and potassium sorbate for preservatives, but these things are only 2 oz bottles, they're nothing like what's in any soda... talk about unhealthy. Just lots of vitamin B6 (2000% DV) and B12 (8333% DV).

I've been drinking about one a day for a little over a year and I feel better than I ever have, I rarely get super tired unless I've worked 18+ hours straight. I just have one at about 9am and I'm good to go the rest of the day. If I have to work late I'll have another one around 4pm or so to keep me going into the night.

Salmoneye

Short nap after lunch every day. Sit down meeting at the shop every day for the last 1/2 hour of work and everyone has a beer while we discuss what is up for the next day.

Mosh

If you wanna hang out you've got to take her out;
If you wanna get down, down on the ground;
She don't lie, she don't lie, she don't lie;
When your day is done and you wanna run;
If you got bad news, you wanna kick them blues;
If your thing is gone and you wanna ride on;
Don't forget this fact, you can't get it back;

CheapVehicleWrap

Do your research on the 3-5 hour energy drinks. No so good. I know somebody ended up in the hospital from drinking too many of the bigger cans. Mosh only gets 1 hour of work done by 1 pm when lunch is done and is at the bar by 4:30 and if you're that burnt out with those few hours, I'd seek medical help.

Jillbeans

20 minute power nap in the afternoon whenever possible.
Make sure you go to bed at a decent hour at night, too.
Try eating foods that have protein in them rather than relying on caffiene or artificial stimulants.
I do have 2 cups of coffee every morning, though.
Love....Jill