• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do you hang your sintra prints?

Sticky Signs

I've got a job coming up where I'll be mounting prints to sintra and the client will be displaying them around the office. I'm not a fan of double sided foam tape as it basically destroys the drywall and leaves behind one hell of a mess. I thought I had found a solution. I believe it's called super tape but I call it snot tape because that's exactly what it looks like. I've used it many many times without any issue until recently. Another client is moving and pulled his prints off the walls and the super tape ruined the dry wall. I'm guessing it's because he put the tape on fairly fresh paint. Whatever the reason, I'm a little nervous about using this stuff again. So, I'm looking for some different ideas/solutions for hanging sintra on a wall. Cheap and easy would be a bonus as the client will be installing this himself.
Thanks

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We do a lot of this. We use double-sided tape with silicon to hold it in place for keeps.

Technically, there is no such thing as a temporary adhesion that won't ruin the drywall after removal of signs. If they don't want to ruin their walls, they should find another place to put the signs where it won't matter. If they don't want to ruin the walls, use nice easels or cables/chain from ceiling fixtures.

Drywall will become ruined if adhesives or any sort are used. If you rack your brain trying to find something that will work, you can do it, but it's only gonna be a fluke if you find something.

Think of it like this... in order not to ruin the walls by not sticking all that well, what if one falls and hits someone and knocks out an eye ?? Who will be responsible
for that scenario ??

you could use some mirror brackets. yes he has to drill into the wall, but when he moves or wants them taken down he can just fill the small hole with filler and sand down and paint the patch.

Attachments

• SH011.jpg
    SH011.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 517

anotherdog

Velcro Adhesive. At least when you take the picture off you can apply heat to the remaining pad and ease it off the wall.
In the end you are bount to mark...have you tried those hangers that you pull a tab and it fall off the wall, Home depot has em.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Velcro Adhesive. At least when you take the picture off you can apply heat to the remaining pad and ease it off the wall.
In the end you are bount to mark...have you tried those hangers that you pull a tab and it fall off the wall, Home depot has em.

Yes, I tried one to put a small picture on a wall at home..... didn't work worth a chit for me.

dsmskyline

What about using something from the 3m Command line of products? Ive seen them used before for pictures and they came off the wall without damage.

I believe they also have a velcro type product.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
The way I mount them is the same I mount any of my masonite paintings in galleries or any sort of flat pieces. Follow the illustration as needed. you have 2 pieces attached to the cintra (that will also help lift it off the surface) ... the top piece has an angled cut that will correspond to the piece you mount to the wall (with 2 screws) if the piece is a little heavier or more prone to sliding off, I use wood as the backer so I can screw through the top piece into the piece it sits on (and able to unscrew for removal).

Attachments

• mount-this.jpg
    mount-this.jpg
    583 KB · Views: 589

signcorr

Ultimately depends on paint, and on the quality of the paint installation. I have had success with remo tape (removable). It's like 3M command, but much better.

I have also put masking tape on wall under foam tape to protect wall.

I would never guarantee an undamaged wall. I think that's kind of the price of installing signs.
http://www.duracoexpress.com/remo-one-diameters-roll

Last edited:

Donny7833

Tyrant,

That's called a French Cleat. We use them a lot. If you use a set of cleats top and bottom, instead of a spacer at the bottom, you have a panel that can't be lifted off. You slide the panel on from the side. Only works if there is enough space, obviously. Museums love this set up.

Farmboy

We just used a hanger like this for foam board signs that went in Tim Hortons and Arby's. Quick and used materials already on hand.

Attachments

• hanger2.jpg
    hanger2.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 805

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Been a long day, couldn't think of the name, thanks Donny. museums love them, I adore them. Easy to install in exactly the same place and straight if you have multiples, and you can do easy installs and removals especially if the customer needs it swapped out occasionally.

Alti-Plotter

I never use double sided tape on drywalls, one reason is because I don't know what will happen when it will be removed. Client has to choose between holes in the ceiling (sometimes I mount an aluminium rail) or in the wall.