• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do you protect your money?

equippaint

Its a tad ironic that were talking about being worried about data mining on a public forum. Perhaps these concerns should be brought up on facebook for some additional perspective.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I'm sorry, but are you saying that pay for nearly everything in your personal and business life in person and with cash?

You literally go to your suppliers location and pay them in cash out of fear of being data mined?

What about large purchases like printers, vehicles, your home, etc.?

If it's any comfort to you, MOST insurance policy premiums are based on averages of similarly situated patients, customers, locations, car models, frequency of claims, credit worthiness, chronic illness, family history, etc..

Of course not on large purchases. Major purchases need to be documented for many reasons. While you technically "could" gather up hundreds of thousands in cash and buy a house it would not matter as the deed with the purchase price still is going to be recorded and taxed. Purchases for business need to be for potential depreciation, asset valuation, potential future resale.

I just do not want ALL of my personal life tracked. Of course owning a business does make me public to an extent but personal habits, personal purchases, etc, a lot of information you can take steps as reasonable as is possible to minimize how much of your life is in a database.

decalman

I'm always perplexed by people who "collect change" in the digital age. It seems so strange to me to carry cash. Do you really spend so much "cash" in a year that you can take a family vacation to Disney? I hardly ever spend cash. Not with vendors, restaurants, gas, food, tolls, etc.

Where do you spend so much cash?

decalman

If all you've got is digital bank money you can get ripped off real fast.

A bank can wipe out your account in the blink of an eye.
Money gone.

Cash is king. Too bad they're fazing it out

Stacey K

I like making signs
Everything for business is paid on a cc so I can earn points - once card, one payment a month. I pay my bills on bill pay and use cash for everything else.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Thanks for the tip Texas. It's been a rough year as I went full-time with my business then ended up filing for divorce in Fall. To my surprise a court order to pay bills and maintenance means nothing. I found myself in a pretty good hole for a few months - I don't wish that on anyone. Thankfully it's been a busy Spring and I was able to dig myself out while awaiting the divorce to be final (was supposed to be final in January...still waiting, maybe June). Ones credit score typically goes down during/after divorce so any tips to get it back to tip-top shape are good!

If I had to do it again, I would have utilized my safe and cash a lot more before my divorce. I sold our marriage home, have money in savings - it's all sitting in trust until the divorce is final, I can't touch a penny. Let that be a lesson to anyone who is married and their spouse is a jack-wagon. Banks are great but cash is king in emergencies!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
No tips on how to raise your score, but for a small fee.... or a case of beer, ya can probably finds someone to off your EX and using cash won't leave any trail. Like I said, it won't help your score, but you'll feel a whole heck-of-a-lot better afterwards. However, just don't use the beer receipt as a tax write-off.
:guido:

Johnny Best

Maybe that is why I have been married 45 years. Wife and I have separate checking, savings accounts with just our names on them. All husbands are JackWagons, it’s the one thing we are good at.
Good story Stacey after a long extended weekend, and good luck with your future. They say you get married for love the first time and money the second time.

equippaint

Maybe that is why I have been married 45 years. Wife and I have separate checking, savings accounts with just our names on them. All husbands are JackWagons, it’s the one thing we are good at.
Good story Stacey after a long extended weekend, and good luck with your future. They say you get married for love the first time and money the second time.
Same here. People think we are crazy but we never argue about money.