• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how is this effect done in Corel12?

signmeup

How do you do the sun rays as in the attached picture? I know it as "radial copy" in my CAD program. I also would like to be able to make a line or shape and create multiple copies in a row. It's called offset in CAD. You make an object and tell the program to make however many copies and how far apart they should be and you're done. How do I do it in Corel?

Adrian

Attachments

• New-Image.gif
    New-Image.gif
    91.2 KB · Views: 334

jiarby

star tool..
set the points to desired number, mine below is 50
trim the parts you don't need, radial fill

star.jpg

signmeup

Thanks. I use control D to duplicate an object but it always wants to place it the same distance from the original and slightly higher and to the right. If I select and drag the object in a certain direction then the copies follow that but it's very imprecise. How do I specify where the duplicate will appear? Like if I wanted 6 objects 1" apart all in a row beside the original object? Is there a docker I am not finding?

Adrian

signmeup

Yup. Letterheads fonts has some nice gallery stuff. The suns rays were not really the thing I wanted know. I was wanting to be able to radially copy and paste any object....like spokes on a wheel or the cylinders of a radial engine. Say 6 copies of a nut in a specific bolt circle.

signmeup

Ahhh! You go to Arrange/Transform and use the docker to position the duplicate on centers. At least in a straight line. Primitive but usable. Now to see if it can do 'em in a circle.

Adrian

woolly

hi
double click the object and the dot in the centre of the object can be moved.
move the dot to the centre of the arc you wish to follow.
transform - rotate - enter no deg - apply to duplicate as many times as req.

clear as mud

woolly

jiarby

Tools-Options, General Tab for the document...

You can specify the horizontal & vertical placement of CTRL_D duplicates

jeroen

woolly nailed it
that's how I do it (for radial stuff)

you can change the movement settings on your "ctrl D" or "duplicate" command

X3 has a step & repeat function, but I'm not sure 12 has that too

another thing you could do is use the "align and distribute" function
arrange > align & distribute > align & distribute... > choose distribute tab