• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How long can you print and cut?

ironchef

I just printed a 4'x6' section, with only one pair of reg. Marks on each corner, you guys think ill run into any trouble? If so, any advice? Im thinking of lowering speed but besides that im stumped. Should i just scrap it and start over with more registration marks?

Intense01

That shouldn't be an issue. I have cut 20' pieces with 4 registration marks on my graphtec/Mutoh combo. I didn't even know you could use more reg. marks.

ironchef

I just started printing it over but with 7 reg. Marks, i dont want to take any chances. Total space came out to 88in

mopar691

Ya same thing here, I don't like handling anything longer than that. I try to keep it at 6'. But if loaded straight I really do not see anything wrong with any size.

and same as most, Mutoh/Graphtec here also.

Stealth Ryder

I tested a 30' run once, ran it several times with no issues using 4 registration marks. Mutoh Printer and Graphtec Cutter... Normally I try to keep them 6-8 foot just because it is easier to handle once on the table...

natedawg9640

the more pinch rollers you have on the piece the better. keep as much weight off it as possible (feed it and take it up as needed) if it's loaded straight and doesn't have any pull and tug it should cut whatever length it needs to.

OlsonSigns601

Just cut a 136" sheet for a partial wrap for an ambulance. Cut was perfect for each side with a -.002 contour cut.

That was the longest we ever did and just about the longest I would want to do

I guess the quality of your contour cut really depends on your equipment and knowledge of how to cut it.

ProWraps

I keep it to 8ft or less. (mostly b/c it's easier handling and cutting apart etc)
Mutoh/Graphtec combo here also...

ditto. we try to keep print/cut under 8'. less problems with walking on the plotter.

make sure you slow your plotter down to minimize any problems.

we are on our second graphtec 8000 in a year due to the amount of contour cut decals we do (we have a massive account with one customer that keeps that thing running all the time).

Mosh

If it is a close cut I never depend on it being 100% over 48".
Big stuff that can have more magin or error or so I have print/cut ten feet.
Truck lettering and such I try to stay under 48" the less the better.

Print and cut without laminating, I have done a 18 foot long with no problems.

Nature of the beast! Still beats hand cutting!

ironchef

Not more reg marks, i just divided the job into separate sections with their own set of reggie marks. Im going to try it out today to see how accurate it will cut. Ill post pics. I know, im going to work now instead if church, this sucks

anotherdog

It can be down to the vinyl you are cutting. I have cut an 18ft decal with maybe a sixteenth out at the end (within tolerances), I found it was down to running it very slow on the cut. I also found that some backing papers are too slick for a decent grip by the pinch rollers.

ironchef

Here are some pics from earlier today

Attachments

• image-142936563.jpg
    image-142936563.jpg
    606.5 KB · Views: 91
  • image-737846393.jpg
    image-737846393.jpg
    344.1 KB · Views: 72

ironchef

First pic is the first set i printed with only one set of reggy marks, second pic is what i reprinted with each word having its iwn set or reggy marks

Attachments

• image-664746526.jpg
    image-664746526.jpg
    531.9 KB · Views: 82
  • image-638118586.jpg
    image-638118586.jpg
    512.8 KB · Views: 63