• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How long would it take you????

SignManiac

That's about my average as well. I know some struggle and can spend hours on even a simple basic design due to not knowing their software or being very creative. Years of experience does come into play for many here.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
A design challenge sounds like fun...

That's not fair........ you have an unfair advantage. You ARE the 'Certified Circle Designer' to the trade and probably the Stars. We can't use any of your certified roundnesses in our attempts if you are involved. You'll call a FOUL !!

We must define a term for which will make the playing field fair for one & all. :frustrated:

SignManiac

Ok then, design a 4'x8' sign for a scrap metal yard. Sign will be installed on flat wall.

Name is Port Author Recycling.
Now Buying, Aluminum Cans, Scrap Metals, Brass & Copper.
Paying Top Dollar.

Use any color, any font, panels, everything must go!

Time yourself from start to finish. Just for curiosity sake, tell us what program you used for your design work. If I forgot anything, let me know what questions you have.

SignManiac

Ok, here's my quick effort. Twenty minutes from scratch using Corel Draw.

I came back after looking twice and made a two minute change. It's hard to stop sometimes.

Attachments

• Port Author.jpg
    Port Author.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I would take my circles elsewhere, but I enjoy torturing you fine people...

k.a.s.

Heres mine, it did not go quite as quick as I had planned I had 30 min. in it. I used Illustrator, I think I could have done it a little quicker in Flexi. Good practice, hope to see more designs!!

Kevin

Attachments

• PA.jpg
    PA.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 124

signmeup

Man.... 8 minutes is smokin. Took me 15.
Cudda sworn I had Jiggy Roman... oh well.

Attachments

• reproSM.jpg
    reproSM.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 107