• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How long would it take you????

SignManiac

What a variety of different designs! I'm still waiting on Rick and Jill to jump in :) I'm sure we will be impressed!

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Here is a quickie...
Adobe CS3, took 45 minutes.
Took a while because i kept tweaking it. Not totally happy with it. Would probably do another layout, but would look at what they currently do for their marketing and tie it all together somehow.

Attachments

• port aurthor.jpg
    port aurthor.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 115

SignManiac

Rick your image isn't showing up?

Never mind, it's showing up now. Great job Rick, excellent solution! I'm assuming Jill must still be under the weather. I'm sure she will jump in soon with a layout :)

signmeup

Here's my shot at it. I wanted it to be do-able in cut vinyl if required. I tried to hammer home the "NOW BUYING" part. Took me 25 minutes in Corel.

Attachments

• PortArthurSm.jpg
    PortArthurSm.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 106

SignManiac

I like that some of you guys used green "recycling color" in your layouts. I can't believe I overlooked that in mine. If I were gonna tweak mine, I'd use green in the design.

Again, great variety of design solutions and pretty quick times for layouts. Keep bringing on others. I'd like to see all of the submissions put up on one page somewhere so everyone can really appreciate all of the different approaches to a design challenge.

Fred can you think of a way to set up a section on the site where all of the submissions for any given design challenge can be viewed together? I'm sure there's a simple way but my brain is working slow this morning.

Second thought...Would be cool if under each design, the time and software could be listed so that others could get an idea of what these designs take for others in the trade. Im thinking this would all be for the educational benefit of everyone here.

SignManiac

I'm surprised too, but most of the designs submitted are by many of the regulars who often participate in these design assignments. I'd like to see some of the other folks jump in. It can only help them in the long run if they keep honing their skills by practicing more.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I did 2 boo-boo's so I fixed them (1 minute) and I did another layout.
The other layout took 25 minutes...

When I get a layout like this I sit on it while working on mindless work, then I sit down and do it. Otherwise I fumble and fuss with it, which adds more time.

Attachments

• port aurthor.jpg
    port aurthor.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 103
  • port aurthor-2.jpg
    port aurthor-2.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 119

SignManiac

Rick I like your second version even better. I also started to mess with another version. This one was about twenty minutes also.

Attachments

• Port Author2.jpg
    Port Author2.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 119

Jillbeans

OK here is my 10 minutes' worth.
I would probably put a phone number or web addy under the name if this was a "real" sign.
Love.....Jill
PS
I didn't look at the others before I posted, mine is very similar in colors to the one above it.
Looks like Moody and I had the dollar sign idea, I usually think like he does.
Love the can layout but the name is a little lost.
This was Corel.
PSS
I am under the weather, was on a ladder all day yesterday and feel like crap!

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 101

HaroldDesign

I'm still working on re-creating the first one. I'm going to spend some time on it over the weekend. So far I've put in about 7 hours.

SignManiac

Thought I'd add another one, and post them side by side. It's a Friday and I like to screw around on the last day of the week. Again, about 25 minutes is my average.

Attachments

• Port Author.jpg
    Port Author.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 91
  • Port Author2.jpg
    Port Author2.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 101
  • Port Author3.jpg
    Port Author3.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

signmeup

Round 2. 30 mins.
I discovered the location and use of the interactive fill tool during this layout. Time well spent.

Attachments

• PortArthur2sm.jpg
    PortArthur2sm.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 114

signmeup

That looked a little washed out. Here it is with a bit of contrast.

Attachments

• PortArthur2darker.jpg
    PortArthur2darker.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 94
Last edited: