• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How many employees do you have / How long have you been in the business?

Dennis422

Just me.
Started in 2006 with just offering graphic design and later added web, embroidery, screen printing.
In sign world for almost 2 years.

jen.reelez

Wow, working in the sign business for years is really impressive and totally awesome,
I think it's both tough and fun! :wink:

Well, I've been in this business for almost a year. Newbie :Big Laugh

nikdoobs

We currently have 9 full time and 2 part time. Our company has been around for 46 years. It changed ownership about 2 years ago.

signagesic

13-18 employees, 3 designers, 6 working on machines and 4 tailors. For big and urgent orders, we employ part time workers. Sublimation on fabric is our main business. Shop has been open for almost 3 years.

Henry Petit

For those here with 10+ employees.
Did you have a specific gross dollar amount you achieved before you hired someone, and then specific goals moving forward for each employee addition?
Are you grossing over 1M anually?
Did you identify specific positions internally to hire first or do many have multiple responsibilities?
Do you have an employee position structure or diagram or no?
Did you grow then hire employee or vice versa?We are an independent custom sign and ADA fabricator. We can identify several positions we need to fill now, but few seem to be full time positions and good people are hard to find.
Thanks for the feedback.

API

30 employees, two shifts and 52 years. Most of our people have worked for 20 years or more at API.

CrabbyOldGuy

20 right now, need another 2 or three. Company has been around since 1897 and family owned since late 60's. Been with the company since 76.

monsterwalley

In business since 1941. Me personally 30 years. We have 5 employees and run about 400 billboards. Other than illuminated (electrical) signs we are a full service shop. We stay very busy.

Suz

Cottage Industry Here

Not a "couch business" lol. However, Couches may have been a better business to get into. At least I'd have a good place to take a nap any time of day!

Seriously though, 0 employees.
Just myself, a few family members and a few close friends now mainly to bounce ideas off of.

Getting close to 30 years in business!

JERHEMI

Excellent questions! I am also interested in this info if anybody is willing to share!

For those here with 10+ employees.
Did you have a specific gross dollar amount you achieved before you hired someone, and then specific goals moving forward for each employee addition?
Are you grossing over 1M anually?
Did you identify specific positions internally to hire first or do many have multiple responsibilities?
Do you have an employee position structure or diagram or no?
Did you grow then hire employee or vice versa?We are an independent custom sign and ADA fabricator. We can identify several positions we need to fill now, but few seem to be full time positions and good people are hard to find.
Thanks for the feedback.