• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How Many employees

ucmj22

How many full time employees do you have at your shop?
we have 2, myself and one other, and 4 part time (about 10hours a week Tops) and I feel totally understaffed. Am I just a whiney #&^$* ?

WrapperX

I don't think it's realistic to compare your shop to any other - each location has a different business model and work load. If you feel understaffed move one or more of your part timers to full time.

GraphixUnlimited

Just 2 of us here and we manage but it is all relative to what kind of production you do.

We do more one off custom artwork and marketing solutions but will also handle making the signs, wraps, etc.. in house as well.

Cheers eh

ucmj22

I don't think it's realistic to compare your shop to any other - each location has a different business model and work load. If you feel understaffed move one or more of your part timers to full time.

Just realized you are in aurora. Oh how I miss that area. hope to move back in a couple years when I can sell my house!

WrapperX

I hate this town - thank god I only work here. But I love the Suburbs and what they have to offer! Where abouts in So. IL are you?

WrapperX

And furthermore to that -I'm only working here for 1 more day. After tomorrow I will be working for a new company in Bloomingdale! YES!

HulkSmash

And furthermore to that -I'm only working here for 1 more day. After tomorrow I will be working for a new company in Bloomingdale! YES!

We're looking for a production manager starting sometime in November....

and Denver > world.

just sayin..

ucmj22

I hate this town - thank god I only work here. But I love the Suburbs and what they have to offer! Where abouts in So. IL are you?

Around carbondale, in Herrin. 5.5 hours from Aurora. I grew up on the corner of Rt. 31 & Illinois Ave and lived in the general vicinity (Kaneville, Hinkley, Sandwich) until 2008 when I moved here. You even work off the road that is my namesake! Molitor Rd.

ucmj22

Why would you want to move to Aurora of all places?

West Side is nice, and even the far east side, anything by the river is crap. I would prefer something a little further north ie. Batavia, Geneva, St. Charles, Wheaton, Warrenville, Naperville, but who doesnt...

WrapperX

We're looking for a production manager starting sometime in November....

and Denver > world.

just sayin..

I Would love to take a look at your operation but you can't imagine the hell I got from friends and family when I was talking to Merritt out in Conneticut! That eventually fell through - for reasons I'm not sure - but I can only imagine what I would get if I tried to move my family in the opposite direction out to Colorado - although, my brother might be moving to CO soon. His job contract in Kansas is expiring and he has friends in CO that he'll probably squat with until he can get back on his feet.

SignManiac

Normally five guys full time, but the past month we were up to eight. I sure do miss those days when it was only me working.

ucmj22

Just 2 of us here and we manage but it is all relative to what kind of production you do.

We do more one off custom artwork and marketing solutions but will also handle making the signs, wraps, etc.. in house as well.

Cheers eh

I ended up out of the office on installs for 2.5 weeks straight since we cant seem to hire a decent installer, mostly because the owners dont want to pay what a decent installer costs, because then they would have to pay me more to keep me above the installers salary. Then when I got back of course, I'm 2.5 weeks behind and I'm still playing catchup. I think my head is about to pop!:frustrated:

MikePro

18 here, including the 3 college kids that come back to work in the shop every summer. Only half are union workers and the rest are sales/admin/graphics staff.