• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How Many employees

thewvsignguy

Myself, Wife and 2 full timers but looking for a 3rd or 4th full/part timer. Maybe 2 part timers will equal 1 full timer?

SolitaryT

We're looking for a production manager starting sometime in November....

and Denver > world.

just sayin..

You know, I am very happy in Alaska, but I know a guy who was my old production manager and I love and respect him a ton. Last I heard, he was still looking. He's in Denver already. Are you interested in getting in touch with him?

SolitaryT

Oh, and to answer the general thread, we have three full-timers, one very part-timer, and one office guy who's salary belongs to the State of Alaska.

Farmboy

2 Full and Myself. We do apparel printing and signs. Although signs for us is all coro and poly metal which is either print or cut. I've had as many as 5 full. Could use one or two more at times, but not enough to keep that many busy all the time. We get everything out in a timely manner, so we plug along.

Mosh

At one time I had 11 full time, now just me. Lost my main accounts in the last three years from them doing stuff themselves and the economy in general. I will say I enjoy going to work alot more and plan to re-focus on doing "fun" jobs, not just bang out stuff. I never plan to market large accounts again, lots of worry and hassle, but was good money. But I make signs because I like making signs, not for the money.

Mosh

back when I started I did alot of redwood cut/carved/sandblasted signs and that was fun. Then when I became the owner of my own shop it was all about making money. I was out there hunting and hussleing, our first BIG deal was the Democratic convention when Bill Clinton was nominated, we printed cases and cases of shirts and hats. Tell you what, doing a one off signs is way more fun than all that headache! Bigger is NOT always better!

MikePro

and Denver > world.

just sayin..
dream job, if only i didn't have a company ownership to step into. If you're still looking for someone in 20yrs, i'm your man, cause I definately plan on living my last 50 out west!

mikey-Oh

and Denver > world.

just sayin..

Hmm, November's workable. Let me check against my CO friends and their couch situation.... Ready to learn and explore teh new. What all you do? Were not FB friends so I'm not fer sure... but I really wanna learn teh next lvl

HulkSmash

Hmm, November's workable. Let me check against my CO friends and their couch situation.... Ready to learn and explore teh new. What all you do? Were not FB friends so I'm not fer sure... but I really wanna learn teh next lvl

You'll have to become a nuggets fan, and forget about the thunder :wink:

Tim Aucoin

Two owners (myself and my business partner) and one full timer! Up until 2 months ago, we always ran with 4 of us, but when the one girl quit, we decided not to replace her and rather give our full timer (who has been with us for 8 years now) a very, very good raise to handle everything on her own, and it has worked out extremely well... even through our very busy July! Gave her quite a bit more take home $$$ and saved us $$$. Win/Win situation. :thumb:

genericname

...and rather give our full timer (who has been with us for 8 years now) a very, very good raise to handle everything on her own, and it has worked out extremely well...

Good on you, T3! As one of the few employees here, rather than the multitude of employers, I can't stress enough how much that kind of action is appreciated. Keep an eye on her stress level though!

:thumb:

Rydaddy

3 full-time, 2-part-time (part-time are working 40+ until there college classes start in september) and myself.