• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How many folks are using dual-monitor setups?

Dual monitors?

• One's all I need.

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • I use two.

Votes: 33 71.7%
  • How many can I fit in this place?

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Braille.

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters

Bogie

I've done it for years... Work in one screen, have the toolboxes and e-mail in the other... Scored some 21" trinitron CRTs in an auction, and I'm thinking of going to four screens...

GK

I have done it for a while because of the size of some of the projects, its just so much easier to do it this way. Recently upgraded the mac to (2) 23" displays because of the amount of fleet trailers we have been doing. Nice feature it has is that you can have the 2 monitors working standalone 1 for each of the computers, or both working off the same computer for one giant screen. Comes in handy a lot when you have 2 projects goin at the same time and you have to keep waiting for one to load or save.

Shovelhead

In Photoshop or Corel PAINTER...not Paint!!!!

tool flyouts are to the right so main monitor
can be one giant 22" canvas.

Mark Fair

I use 2 monitors because I have 2 computers.
one to run my antique gerber software (windows 98.
One that has xp and has all of my software such as Illustrator, Photoshop, Fireworks and Dreamweaver.
They are both connected so I can share files between them.

Shovelhead

Like I said in my post.....

I've seen this before and would like to know more about it. I only have one computer, so what are the benefits of two screens?

tools on one screen....working area on the other.....
there's not minimizing screens.
Boss won't pay for flat screens.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 171

Pro Image

I have a 21 widescreen and a 17in regular on my main design station........Both LCD...............

I love em'.........................

jeroen

I just switched to wide screen a couple of months ago
At first it was a bit awkward, but I got used to it real fast and I love it

Then I connected the old 17" to it, just to try...
wow! even better!

Shovelhead

Drop and drag.....

So you can drag and drop from screen to screen? How do I hook up the two screens to the computer?

most video cards have (2) serial inputs or one serial and one digital (which the acronym escapes me at the moment).....plug in two monitors and go.
analog into digital but not digital into analog.

amw

Longtime Members
So you can drag and drop from screen to screen? How do I hook up the two screens to the computer?

there is no "dragin g& droping"...its just one larger area.
I have done this for about 8 years, it used to be a pian in the blank...it is pretty easy now.

Just need 2 video cards or 1 card with 2 heads, the rest is all in windows.

Shovelhead

there is no "dragin g& droping"...its just one larger area.
I have done this for about 8 years, it used to be a pian in the blank...it is pretty easy now.

Just need 2 video cards or 1 card with 2 heads, the rest is all in windows.

pseudo.."drop and drag"

amw

Longtime Members
I've done it for years... Work in one screen, have the toolboxes and e-mail in the other... Scored some 21" trinitron CRTs in an auction, and I'm thinking of going to four screens...

I have done this, years ago (4 screens) it is nice and you have tons of space on the computer "screen" the most anoying thing to me back then was trying to get the colors to match the same or close on all 4 monitors.

If you have the room to put them, i would do it.

amw

Longtime Members
most video cards have (2) serial inputs or one serial and one digital (which the acronym escapes me at the moment).....plug in two monitors and go.
analog into digital but not digital into analog.

I think your refering to DVI...

D

DARLAK

I have three monitors on two systems. each system has a 19" CRT and they share a 22 LCD. My main computer has the digital input on the LCD with the secondary using the analog input, press a button to switch back and forth. the two keyboards clutter the desk a little, but there usually under piles of paperwork anyhow....