• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question How many here share this................................................

Stacey K

I like making signs
I took my husbands name. When I got divorced I took my maiden name back but for my kids sake, I should have kept my married name.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Don't get married again, or you'll screw everyone up for good......... Or have the next one take your married name, once removed. When you get rid of him, your kids will be back with ya, again ))))

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
When my parents divorced we lived with my mom... She took her maiden name back and then remarried. Me and my siblings just got into the teen years when that happened and it didn't feel good when she changed her name back and it no longer matched ours. Women, specifically moms need to think about that.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Gino - I will NEVER get married again. Even once my kids are settled into their lives it seems like too much drama to even create a pre-nup to protect each person. Not worth it.
Texas - I know women who are married but kept their maiden name. The kids have the fathers name - must be confusing for the kids since the parents are married but do not share the same last name.

All my kids friends still call me Mrs. Buckman (my kids last name) and I do not correct them. I'm a lady of many names, some of them probably nicer than others LOL

Bigdawg

Just Me
When my parents divorced we lived with my mom... She took her maiden name back and then remarried. Me and my siblings just got into the teen years when that happened and it didn't feel good when she changed her name back and it no longer matched ours. Women, specifically moms need to think about that.
No, we really don't need to worry about that. After my divorce, my kids actually asked if they could change their last names too. When I remarried I took my husband's last name hyphenated with my maiden name. He's passed away now, but I generally still just use his last name.