• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How many hours is on your Versacamm?

ncpdfsb

Looking into a used SP300V Versacam, the most recent technicians report states 200 printing hours on a two year old machine. My question is "is this low for this time period? How many hours do you think a Roland Versacamm can go without needing major service? (as in pump and prithead) .... Thank you in advance for any response..

FrankenSigns.biz

I have had VersaCamms for the past 4 years. They've NEVER given me a moments problem that couldn't be fixed by telephone or a simple cheap ordered part or two.

threeputt

We've had ours about 2 years now. Difficult to say how many hours of operation. Somedays it runs all day, job after job. Other days only 4 or 5 hours.

Safe guess would be probably 3000 hours of operation thus far.

high impact

Allow me rephrase the question, ;-)

Is there a way for the end user to check the actual print hours on a Roland Versacamm or can only a technician do this?

I'd be interested in knowing how many hours I have on my machine.

ncpdfsb

this is what i have been told as to "enter service mode sp300 series"
if an actual sp300 user could try it may be helpful to others...

HOW TO ENTER SERVICE MODE
1. It is necessary to press the cursor key in order as followings.
DOWN, RIGHT, LEFT, UP, RIGHT, DOWN and LEFT (like the letter 'S' and 'V'
2. Then, within 5 seconds, turn on the Sub Power SW while pressing the LEFT, RIGHT and DOWN cursor keys

this is what i have been told as to "enter service mode sp300 series"
if an actual sp300 user could try it may be helpful to others...

HOW TO ENTER SERVICE MODE
1. It is necessary to press the cursor key in order as followings.
DOWN, RIGHT, LEFT, UP, RIGHT, DOWN and LEFT (like the letter 'S' and 'V'
2. Then, within 5 seconds, turn on the Sub Power SW while pressing the LEFT, RIGHT and DOWN cursor keys

WTF is this like a old cheat code for a nintendo game>

high impact

ahhhh...

I remember reading about something to that effect. I will have to try that or look it up in the manual when I have time.

Thanks

ncpdfsb

We've had ours about 2 years now. Difficult to say how many hours of operation. Somedays it runs all day, job after job. Other days only 4 or 5 hours.

Safe guess would be probably 3000 hours of operation thus far.

btw threeputt you answered my question...200 hrs is nothing on this machine. "just-breakin in"

hoppers

I can check in the next day or so, I think there is another way to check for hours....I have a SP300V

but I am pretty sure 200 is low too, I bought mine with I think around 170 hours on it....good stuff!

GregT

You can check it in the service mode. 200 hours is not a lot of print time on that machine. You should be ready to go for a long time.

petepaz

i would see what kind of deals you can get on a new one they are giving these things away now to move the bigger units
we have a sp300 about 1.5 years still runs great
vp-540 about .75 year also runs great use them all the time no major issues just normal cleaning , blade replacements, ect.

threeputt

The last time our service tech came out he was able to tell me precisely how many firings each head had. I think he said each head is worth about 8 million, or maybe it was 8 billion firings. And he said we were about 1/4 of the way there.

Not that those are the only components that can wear out, but it's a generally useful indicator of how old the machine is. (in terms of usage, not years)

For what it's worth department.