• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions How many of you are having this happening................... ??

TimToad

There is a do not call registry that applies to business solicitation calls also. You do have to somehow capture the phone number, but we had one that was so predictable every day that when we did get a live person on the other end, we'd pretend like we were interested and ask for the number so we could call them back if disconnected.

It may take a little effort to finally get the right number they are calling from, but sales hungry folks working for low wages overseas don't care if they inadvertently give out the office number.

Register it with the FTC and eventually the calls do stop.

National Do Not Call Registry

Gino

Premium Subscriber
There is a do not call registry that applies to business solicitation calls also. You do have to somehow capture the phone number, but we had one that was so predictable every day that when we did get a live person on the other end, we'd pretend like we were interested and ask for the number so we could call them back if disconnected.

It may take a little effort to finally get the right number they are calling from, but sales hungry folks working for low wages overseas don't care if they inadvertently give out the office number.

Your first paragraph was fine, informative and in keeping with what you usually say, but this part in red...... why is it alright for YOU to stereotype and point the finger at underprivileged people ?? Is this another example of how...... do as I say and not as I do from your kinda thinking ??

You have the audacity to criticize and scold people on the right, but when you do it, it's for business reasons....... now where have I heard that before.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
A NEW approach..............

Phone call comes in and I greeted them and the voice which was quite recognizable by the accent proceeds to say,

Ello. Mae eye pleeze speeek to.... and the dipsh!t spells my name. The frickin' moron can't even say it, he hasta spell it.

I just said, whadafug to him and hung up. :roflmao:

Marlene

the do not call only works for those calling from a real company. the scam calls are crooks and could care less if you are registered or not. I would assume your low wage overseas sales workers would also not care as the fine is much smaller, if they can even get them fined, than what they sell to smucks who actually will buy from a cold call.

Johnny Best

A NEW approach..............

Phone call comes in and I greeted them and the voice which was quite recognizable by the accent proceeds to say,

Ello. Mae eye pleeze speeek to.... and the dipsh!t spells my name. The frickin' moron can't even say it, he hasta spell it.

I just said,
whadafug.jpg
to him and hung up. :roflmao:

brycesteiner

Our automated calls dropped dramatically after switching to Ooma and putting in a menu. "Press 1 for newspaper, 2 for Printing, 9 for the VA Hospital"
Before that we would get multiple calls a day and mostly automated. Very frustrating.

A while back my son had a call telling him the caller was there to help him with his computer problems that was reported to him and he tried to lead him on a wild chase to get software and clicking certain things in Windows to "help". it was all a scam anyway so about a half hour later he's like click on the "Start button". After all of this (BTW he uses a Mac so no start anyhow), of the scammer and the guy wants the card number in a screen and tells him to click "okay". ask him what it said. Slowly he replied, "It says, 'this is a scam'." The guy called him a bunch of names not repeatable here, saying he wasted his time, and then hung up. "Well what the heck do you think you were doing?"

It's fun if you have time. I don't seem to have that anymore.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
We have started seeing who can keep one on hold the longest here.... If you play it it right "dang, can you hold for just a sec, a customer came in but this sounds interesting so give me a sec". You can do it several times. I've had one strung out for a good 20 minutes a while back. He called back and called me a d!(k.... :D