Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion Problem How many times...........

Discussion in 'Site Help and Suggestions' started by Gino, Jan 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. premiercolour

premiercolour Merchant Member

Gino for 2020.

Perhaps the owner wants to keep the website running fine just don't have the resources to. Not enough revenue to hire a paid moderator to do the 9-5 job? What are the suggestions to resolve this issue?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  2. Signs101Admin

Signs101Admin Owner

Sep 30, 2016
    New Jersey
    The site makes enough to just pay the server costs, this is not a money making site, if it wasn't for the paid membership and the advertisers I'd close the place down.

Big Thank YOU so our paid members!

• Like Like x 3
  3. SignsSupport

SignsSupport Support & Tech Administrator

Jan 16, 2017
    Cyberspace
    There are hundreds of posts made on Signs101 weekly. It is nearly impossible for our small Moderating Team to catch every single non-MM member either sneaking in their advertisement(s) or whom are simply unaware that 'hawking their wares' is against Signs101 policy - unless a member of the Merchant Members usergroup.

While I personally appreciate the suggestion of better moderating for sake of our Merchant Members - I certainly disagree that this is such a 'train wreck' of a situation that it supersedes all other facets of managing Signs101. I'll respond to a few of the points of contention made here:

When posts of violating the self promotion portion of Signs101 policy are reported. They are handled at the Moderating Team's earliest convenience.
    We appreciate when members report violation of policy posts. Feel free to patrol the board and report such violations and we'll handle it as we see fit.

No. It's NOT a serious problem.
    It's definitely not as serious a problem as has been portrayed in this thread!

See the quoted exception to the self-promotion policy below...

Using the PM system to thwart forum policy will garner a strict warning and/or ban, as it is against Signs101 policy! As stated in the Posting Policy:
    Source: General Rules of Member Conduct #6

Signs101 Administration and Moderating Team are not about the business of reading members' PMs.
    So we do encourage members to use the REPORT button whenever an unsolicited offer to sale goods is sent via PM.

No it isn't. Or rather - "shilling" for another company is allowed specifically when a member requests a referral. As stated in the original Signs101 posting policies, and as revised to fit the updated posting policy:
    Source: General Rules of Member Conduct #6

Otherwise - self promotion and/or shilling for your company and/or an affiliate is completely against Signs101 policy. Such posts will be deleted, with a warning sent to the offending member suggesting the membership upgrade option.

This has already been suggested and hopefully will implemented in the coming days.

The only suggestion really is for members to report posts they believe violates Signs101 posting policy.

In closing - I'd' like to say "Welcome to the internet" --- It is a vast universe filled with spam - people want to make money. It's the way of the world.
    Sometimes new and old members alike will try selling their goods/services. When the Signs101 Moderating Team is aware of such posts - the posts are removed immediately.

The idea that we are intentionally allowing people to thwart and/or violate our posting policy is ridiculous. Thanks for your concern though GinoGino
    We are not perfect - but we will be implementing a system that better supports our legitimate Merchant Members from ineligible members hawking their goods and such.

Thanks. And we'll definitely appreciate reports of posts that violate Signs101 policy.

SignsSupport

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  4. SignosaurusRex

SignosaurusRex Major Contributor

Mar 7, 2007
    Washington State
    I (and you as well) know for a fact that this site used to make decent $$, otherwise you wouldn't have bought it.
    Not bashing you here...just making an educated observation....

5. Signs101Admin

Signs101Admin Owner

Sep 30, 2016
    New Jersey
    Yes than Facebook came..... I'm not the only discussion forum site that no longer makes money. So if you're suggesting that somehow, I'm the reason, I've only been running forms since 2001 and my last website sold for 7 figures..... so theirs that.... ALSO some advertisers won't come back when they see the way most discussions turn..

6. SignsSupport

SignsSupport Support & Tech Administrator

Jan 16, 2017
    Cyberspace
    It seemed a dig at you as owner and the moderating team by proxy.

The point about threads devolving into pettiness, personal insults & somewhat juvenile debate is a point I think doesn't necessarily reverberate with the memberbase as much as it should. I'm just happy to say that in the past several weeks I've noticed a trend towards members being more cordial to each other and more willing to assist even the obvious newbies with suggestions on how to better their craft and such, where before there was a certain penchant towards demoralization and/or ridicule. The atmosphere has changed for the better and I feel it to be a much more welcoming vibe.

SignsSupport

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.