• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How much do you keep in stock?

After reading about 702 needing a magenta cartridge , I wondered how much extra ink, vinyl /lam you guys keep in stock..
Beside a wall full of cut vinyl- 1 extra roll of black, white& red and opened rolls of about 10 rolls of printable vinyl

2 rolls of oracal 3165RA- 30x150
2 rolls 210 lam 30x150
1 roll 3651 30x150
1 roll 3165RA 54x150
1 roll 210 lam 54x150

complete set of inks (when we install a new 1 we order a replacement right then)..

I hate for someone to call needing to place an order and I would have to tell them I can't do it because I don't have the material..

TheSnowman

I don't keep extra "rolls" around of anything. When I get low, I just order the next roll. I don't know of ever ordering anything that was common and not having it the next day. I let my vendors stock it so I don't have to, and just order when it's needed. Then again, I'm in a small town, and we're not a huge company, but, yea, we don't stock much. Just have one roll of what we generally use, and order when needed.

As far as ink, I just keep a watch on my levels, and order when it gets down to 30% or so, and just order one color at a time. Same cost either way for me on that.

petepaz

the only thing i keep a back up on is ink because with out it the machine can't run vinyls and lam we can usually get the same day or next day
like kraig we just order as the roll gets low

Letterbox Mike

10-20 ink cartridges per color per printer at all times. Running out of ink in the middle of a busy day sucks.

For everything else (regular day-in day out materials) we keep enough on hand to cover a month's worth of production. This way we always have enough to handle all but the biggest rush jobs should they pop up.

WB

I try and keep a minimim on hand of the products we use alot of.. when I get below a certain level I reorder.

Inks I have 2 sets (1 for each printer)
full set of heads and carts for my HP5500

Material is usually keep 1 full roll. I try and order 3-4 rolls at a time depending on what it is and what I have coming in.

rigth now I have
Oracal vinyl: 3651, 3640, 3551RA, 3951RA, 50/50 Perf
Laminates: 200M, 210G, 215G, 290G, 290GF
Banner material: I normally order 300' rolls of 14 oz. and reorder at 1/2 roll.
plus some 3M 180Cv3 plus 8519, various types of paper in 54"-60"
And then I have my water based stuff which I keep a limited supply of material and Laminates.