• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How much should I charge for 20 truck trailor lettering/decals for each of them 75 squre ft dealingr

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
Now, now, be nice. We all started by failing miserably and severely undercharging on our first big projects just to have some cash flow... keep in mind that this poor guy is probably going to have to revinyl at least half of these, at cost, once he realizes he is way over his head.

There's also the chance that he might piss off the customer to the point of them going to a reputable company with experience in such matters, and that ALWAYS hurts... when you're first starting out.

Let's pour one out for our dead homie in advance.

letterman7

Now, now, be nice. We all started by failing miserably and severely undercharging on our first big projects just to have some cash flow... keep in mind that this poor guy is probably going to have to revinyl at least half of these, at cost, once he realizes he is way over his head.

There's also the chance that he might **** off the customer to the point of them going to a reputable company with experience in such matters, and that ALWAYS hurts... when you're first starting out.

Let's pour one out for our dead homie in advance.
This is true. The only thing I had to go on was instinct and one of those "Sign Pricing Guides" that you had to order... which was worthless depending where you were located in the market.

Sumon Sarker

How much should I charge for 20 truck trailor lettering/decals for each of them 75 squre ft dealing with 200 rivets cast vinyl 2 color?
Now I gave them 750 they told me some one already give them 450 each and asked
Me if I can lower than 450. I said I can't do.

JR's

Mr. Sarker
am sorry you lost the bid. But if you are going to work like a Fool and not make a profit or cover your wages it wouldn't of been worth it.

The main thing you gotta figure out is your hourly shop rate. And what you want to mock your materials up.
And then it's a simple math problem. And you won't second-guess yourself.

Can't go by what someone else is charging. In your area or on this forum. You have to figure out what you have
to get to make a living.

And don't believe what the client tells you. Sometimes even if they show it to you in writing.

Good luck on the next bid. There will be more.

Bly

one-million-dollars-beq35k.jpg

James Chrimes

For the future, never assume you will get all twenty trucks when quoting out work. Most times customers use numbers like this to drive the cost down then use the " oh we are just going to do three trucks for now and the rest later" line. Give a price at regular cost and then tell them you will give the discount on the last couple of trucks. It is very important to figure out for yourself a sq. ft. cost that covers some design time and installed materials, so you can quickly get a price where you will at least make a profit. Best of luck in the future.

kcollinsdesign

Old member
$450 each side maybe if you have an extremely efficient production line and installation facility. A normal shop doing a couple million a year shouldn't touch it for less than $650. A small shop would need to charge more, depending on how they are set up. A single guy with no overhead could pay someone $15.00/hr to help him and maybe charge $575.00 (ordering laminated "house brand" air-egress cast vinyl from an online printer).

Derekaztec

Although i am new to decals and stickers, business i am not. A fair starting point would be
1) material cost add 5%~10%
2) Labor (varies wide) Personally around 30 an hour. Don't want to work for free but i got bills to pay.
2.5 (Do quality work but work fast and efficient otherwise people will not be happy with watching you work slow and
its not a good way to get more money.)
3) Don't forget any travel time in used and other things of that nature. !!!!!! Never underestimate time of removing current decals... man o man...!!!!!
4) Finally don't forget taxes. Not sales taxes but end of year. depending on how your business is structured it could be a little like a C corp or a lot like a sole proprietor.

5) Knowing you can't spell is ok as long as you don't do it on the important things like, Webpage adds and receipts. ya know things like that. This form not so much :)

ikarasu

Although i am new to decals and stickers, business i am not. A fair starting point would be
1) material cost add 5%~10%
2) Labor (varies wide) Personally around 30 an hour. Don't want to work for free but i got bills to pay.
2.5 (Do quality work but work fast and efficient otherwise people will not be happy with watching you work slow and
its not a good way to get more money.)
3) Don't forget any travel time in used and other things of that nature. !!!!!! Never underestimate time of removing current decals... man o man...!!!!!
4) Finally don't forget taxes. Not sales taxes but end of year. depending on how your business is structured it could be a little like a C corp or a lot like a sole proprietor.

5) Knowing you can't spell is ok as long as you don't do it on the important things like, Webpage adds and receipts. ya know things like that. This form not so much :)

1 - Lets say you do 5-10%. You have 20 trucks to do... you mess up one truck, there goes your proffit for the WHOLE job. You need to mark up a heck of a lot more than 5-10%.... Some jobs we think are a pain in the ass, such as this one would be... we markup 100-200%.

2 - It sounds like you are working for free.... No offense, but you should be charging over double what you're charging, if not more. Do you pay for your own insurance? If not... or even if so, you need to find out what that'd cost you hourly. EI premiums, etc. For the guys we pay $20 an hour... it costs us over $40 an hour after all the taxes / fees / other crap we have to pay into.

I suggest all new people read signcraft - They have a good book on pricing signs... It has it's flaws, but it should correct a lot of first time mistakes people tend to make. It's a good starting point... then you need to realize what your true costs are, and price with that based in mind. Otherwise you're going to be racing to the bottom, or sitting at the top with no jobs.

https://www.signcraft.com/sign-pricing/ Great for newcomers, and the magazine is pretty good for everyone.

Derekaztec

business you are not either, 5-10% mark up and $30 an hour?

that's not business, that's a hobby.....
business you are not either, 5-10% mark up and $30 an hour?

that's not business, that's a hobby.....[/QUOT
Lol if im not a business and i am able to pay my house, take care of the family, and enjoy life on my income. Im ok with that :)
I guess i worded it bad. 30 an hour is not including tax lic as i stated at the bottom of my post.