• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How Much would you charge???

rcglimitless

First of all Hello to all...
I am new to the signing industry and sometimes have trouble on pricing.
I did this job and I am wondering what some of you all would charge for this?
There were 2 windows like this.
Thank you
IMG_3049.jpg

J Hill Designs

whatever you charge, you should have charged more to put a base layer of white to outline the graphics.

completely unreadable.

:thumb:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm done.... frickin' done as of this moment, I'm turning a new leaf.:covereyes:

• It's not in the pricing section, but hey, who cares, huh ??

For that job... having to change out that many colors from the plotter and getting them on the window somewhat straight, I'd be around $35.oo plus one free haircut. The fonts are good for that kinda business, I might add. Well done.

Oh.... and welcome to the fold. :peace!:

Mosh

It's like watching a baby gazelle wander into a lions den.

Twice as much now since you need to re-do it and make it look right. I suggest getting a job in a sign shop and learn colors and LAYOUT, you need work on both. Let me guess, someone charged you too much for your race car number so you bought a "sticker cutter" to make them yourself.

gabagoo

I'm done.... frickin' done as of this moment, I'm turning a new leaf.:covereyes:

• It's not in the pricing section, but hey, who cares, huh ??

For that job... having to change out that many colors from the plotter and getting them on the window somewhat straight, I'd be around $35.oo plus one free haircut. The fonts are good for that kinda business, I might add. Well done.

Oh.... and welcome to the fold. :peace!:

someone quick... get a doctor to Gino's place

HulkSmash

60 to produce, 120 to install.

unfortunately you can't read it, and i would never get that job at that price.. thank god.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
What is your shop rate?

How much time did you spend on this job including sales time, job setup and production time, travel time, installation time and miscellaneous time?

Jillbeans

I'd make something that you could actually read, in a nice font, with a good layout, and probably charge a lot more than you would.
I usually don't quote prices in the main forum.
Love....Jill
PS
If you already did it...what did you charge?
Do you routinely do a job without quoting a price to the client until after the job is installed?

rcglimitless

Wow....Thanks for the honest replies. I am just getting in the Biz and have more to learn. That's why I'm here.
BTW I charged $130. Thanks Again.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
someone quick... get a doctor to Gino's place

No..... no need for that. lodacum has shown me the light and explained the weaknesses of my ways.

I am going to try and help these flightless little fledgings... and with the help of the rest of you, we can turn these young minds into strong hard-working sign people. They will one day soar through the signmakers skies and paint beautiful signs in the clouds. Course, without a computer, they might not be able to spell or di it from the back of an airplane, but hey, ya gotta start somewhere.

Anyway, wish me luck on my new venture. I'll probably start a thread about it so as not to :thread anyone else, like this one...... and see just how many participants our quaint little club could hold.

Can I count on you ?? :rock-n-roll:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Wow....Thanks for the honest replies. I am just getting in the Biz and have more to learn. That's why I'm here.
BTW I charged $130. Thanks Again.

:omg2: ........ :U Rock: WITH THE :design: WRITTEN ALL OVER YOU.

That price is worse than stealing a little kid's bicycle. You're either a fantastic businessman, gotta a big _ _ _ _ or just got the gift for gab.................. We wanna take lessons from you :notworthy:

Billct2

I would suggest doing a cost + time price.
Then take that money and buy some of the books on sign design & color.