• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How Much would you charge???

SIGNTIME

you said $130 ... I would be at $300 maybe you ment $130 per window. Like others have said cut out the same lettering in white with .25" - .5" offset and apply to the inside of window. The install of the lettering looks good as far as no wrinkles or bubbles visible, did you do it dry or wet? I suggest learning to install dry asap it makes everything faster and will make you better at installing in the long run. Oh and go through the design and layout forum on here and look at the posts until you wake up wondering how long you've been sleeping, you'll learn a lot in there.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
What is your shop rate?

How much time did you spend on this job including sales time, job setup and production time, travel time, installation time and miscellaneous time?

:goodpost:

For me:

Discussing with the client: .25-.5 hours
Code research. Layout, Send, Modify, Approve: .75-1.25
Cut, Weed, Mask:.5
Material Costs: 20-30.00 (retail price for materials, not what you paid for them)
Drive and install: .75-1.25 (10 minute drive)
Misc Admin cost (like getting it in the books, ordering materials): .25

at $65.00 an hour (in my opinion: the lowest your rate should be to be profitable) it's between $182.00 - $241.25
My lowest rate for chump signage is $75.00 an hour and I'm at $217.50 - $276.25

On the layout you are getting all kinds of ideas on what you did wrong.
A few things I would have done was up-sell to a logo.
Did they have a typeface already or did you "logo-ize" this layout?

AVOID OUTLINING COPY TO MAKE IT LEGIBLE: In my opinion, in most cases, it makes it harder
to read and it's not attractive.

You have other options.

Now normally you use white copy on glass but with the blinds closed, it may not work.
Would like to see this with the blinds closed to see if those colors work. I imagine it
would still need more to make it pop

One way is to use a solid color background and add your copy to that. and get your copy closer together.

player

I'm done.... frickin' done as of this moment, I'm turning a new leaf.:covereyes:

• It's not in the pricing section, but hey, who cares, huh ??

For that job... having to change out that many colors from the plotter and getting them on the window somewhat straight, I'd be around $35.oo plus one free haircut. The fonts are good for that kinda business, I might add. Well done.

Oh.... and welcome to the fold. :peace!:

No..... no need for that. lodacum has shown me the light and explained the weaknesses of my ways.

I am going to try and help these flightless little fledgings... and with the help of the rest of you, we can turn these young minds into strong hard-working sign people. They will one day soar through the signmakers skies and paint beautiful signs in the clouds. Course, without a computer, they might not be able to spell or di it from the back of an airplane, but hey, ya gotta start somewhere.

Anyway, wish me luck on my new venture. I'll probably start a thread about it so as not to :thread anyone else, like this one...... and see just how many participants our quaint little club could hold.

Can I count on you ?? :rock-n-roll:

:omg2: ........ :U Rock: WITH THE :design: WRITTEN ALL OVER YOU.

That price is worse than stealing a little kid's bicycle. You're either a fantastic businessman, gotta a big _ _ _ _ or just got the gift for gab.................. We wanna take lessons from you :notworthy:

Either the end of the world is here, or Gino has been chemically neutered.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Nope, I'm cleansing my sole as we speak. I've been shown the errors of my ways and intend to make this an even better place to learn than what it already is.... if that's possible. :notworthy: Imagine, me becoming like you, huh ?? So helpful, so knowledgeable and so fruitful in your eye. I simply just can't wait til I'm whole again. This might take some time, so please be there to catch me if I wander a little. :rolleyes:

C

ColoPrinthead

Either the end of the world is here, or Gino has been chemically neutered.
I think he's finally given up on trying to change it! You have to admit he's had quite the work out lately.

TammieH

Is this painted? Or is it a bad photo?

I swear I can see brush strokes, unless I have sunstroke.

Paint masked and brushed maybe?

Constructive criticism time

...you really need to pick up a book on layout and design.
Also, as others have said...rule of thumb, light colors on exterior windows unless you are going to outline them in white or similar

rcglimitless

Customer did request the colors and the Layout. With more knowledge, I could have mentioned ways to make it pop more.
Thanks Again.

player

Nope, I'm cleansing my sole as we speak. I've been shown the errors of my ways and intend to make this an even better place to learn than what it already is.... if that's possible. :notworthy: Imagine, me becoming like you, huh ?? So helpful, so knowledgeable and so fruitful in your eye. I simply just can't wait til I'm whole again. This might take some time, so please be there to catch me if I wander a little. :rolleyes:

Oh...and I was starting to warm up to you.

Do you mean you are washing your boots (sole) or the metaphysical "soul"?