• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how much would you charge.

chevycamaro

two banners 4ft by 10ft banners white with orange lettering just plain text how much would you charge for both of them.

D

Digitall

How are the hems finished? Usually 6-8 sf finished with double needle lock.

Last edited by a moderator:

infinitesign

Up here in Maine, most shops charge a per square foot rate. Some charge 10.00 per sq. ft. and get it. Here in Augusta, I get only 7.00 per sq. ft. since there are 2, maybe you could give a small discount.

crazy_jay_25

On single color basic text and/or clipart we get $5.00 s.f. 1 sided so $200 each maybe a small discount if both banners are the same (less setup time).
Jay

iSign

at $200 you guys are leaving money on the table.

People who say they can't get more obviously believe that... and once you believe it... you never ask for more now do you? ...so how do you really know you can't get it?

Guaranteed most of the guys here who are routinely getting $300 or more for the same work... used to do it for less, & gradually learned to command a higher price. nobody get's every quote... but people charging enough care a lot less about that fact!

LenXIII

Are we allowed to post prices if we are not a vendor? I didn't want to post here unless I know im allowed lol..

coyote

It depends on your market. If everyone is charging $5/sq foot for a simple one color layout on white, it's hard to get more-however, if you are offering a different material weight and can show your customer that you offer a superior product, you can charge more. Are you comparing apples to apples or heavy vinyl with sewn, webbed hems with grommets and ropes or D rings to Tyvek and taped borders?
c

iSign

When I'm not printing, I use cheap pre-hemmed, pre-grommeted rolls & cut them off leaving un-hemmed cuts at both ends, & hems top and bottom. I've been doing this over 12 years & haven't sold one as low as $5/ a sq. foot for 7 or 8 years.

That said, I realize pricing is different in different parts of the world. Where I can get $8, others might have to sell for $6 or $7... and what do I know?? ...maybe some of you can't get more than $5 a sq. foot... BUT, I do know I was encouraged by my peers to raise my prices 10 years ago... and when I did, I still made the sale enough times, that I want to encourage others, as my way extending the favor that was given to me.

LenXIII

I don't know about you guys, but here in St. Petersburg FL there is a lot of competition. There are 2 large wholesale banner companies in the area charging between $1.50 and $2 a square foot for hemmed and grommeted banners on 13oz vinyl. They use multiple vuteks. Ofcourse, we still have the local sign shops that charge $5-10 a square as well, but these large wholesalers will sell to anyone that calls in.

Cadmn

here they charge 10 per running foot so a 10 foot banner by 4ft is gonna run 80 bux
hemmed grommeted 13 oz

coyote

Here in Bawlamer there's a really stark difference between pricing just 45 miles down the road: I can get almost twice the price for anything in I sell in Washington DC or its suburbs....Baltimore is (or was) just less expensive and prices for services seem to reflect that. I don't know if it's the mindset of a once blue collar area vs a white collar area, or just that things have always been that way.

I once bid on doing wall graphics, signage and elevator doors for an underground garage in Northern VA and the friend who was asking for the bid had me double it-and I was still the best bid. Makes one wonder.C

GregT

I'm gonna be about the same as Fenris242 on the pricing. Don't leave money on the table, that's for tipping at a restaurant.

Craig Sjoquist

sinse I charge anywhere from $6 sq for simple low copy, colors, effort to $15 sq full color high copy, effort.

... I don't get much banner work .... only when the vinly shops ..CAN NOT DO a banner advertisment correctly and customers really want that they have me re-do

oh also goverment here only lets you put out a banner twice a year for a month ....they only want and let franchises and big money do what they like