• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How stressed are you?

JR's

:( ONE pin short of a really good last frame. What was your score? and that place looks off the hook.

shoresigns

I spent 45min in a sensory deprivation float tank a few weeks ago. Super weird at first, but then soooo relaxing. Sunday night was actually the perfect time for it.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I spent 45min in a sensory deprivation float tank a few weeks ago. Super weird at first, but then soooo relaxing. Sunday night was actually the perfect time for it.
With all that relaxing how to you keep from uh ......warming up the water?

myront

CorelDRAW is best
...too many people from ever releasing stress. Just look around a gym and people on cycles or treadmills are watching CNN or Fox while they tense up instead of release. These networks (all of them) only thrive by creating anxiety addicts. I see people constantly distracted by social media, text and video messaging and video games. Our younger population has to be constantly entertained - video games or videos of people playing video games. If you want real stress watch a fortnight addict. Games used to be a way to blow off steam and we’ve turned them into 24 hour highly competitive worldwide battle grounds.

Americans would feel less stress if they just unplugged more.

I hate the millennials. They're consistently late for work, sleep way too much, lazy, want money but don't want to do the work, play too much video games, and social media? The bane of our existence! God help em when I leave this world.

I don't play video games, don't binge watch tv, rarely on the pc at home, rarely even look at my phone when I'm not at work. Ok, that 1 has bitten me a couple of times. I show up to work my second job and they ask why are you here? Didn't you get the message? We don't need you tonight. Luckily it's only about 5 miles from home.

I'm more likely to turn on a music channel (no commercials) and let the music play while I buzz around the house doing things. I rarely sit down but I occasionally get to relax when I run. No gym and no headphones for me though. I like to be one with nature. I sit on the beach once the spring breakers leave. I wrench on my cars and flip through car magazines. Might even get to the dragstrip some nights just to watch people test & tune.

Gene@mpls

I hired a millennial and he is a quality human being and talented, and ambitious. After working here for 5 years I sold the business to him and he is killing it. He and a motivated 20yo girl put out more work than my daughter and I [ we are 50 and 73] and I am as proud of him as I would be if he were my bloodline.

shoresigns

With all that relaxing how to you keep from uh ......warming up the water?
Yeah, and every person that got in there before you
  1. The water is saturated with 900lbs of epsom salts, which is a hostile environment for bacteria.
  2. They also make you sign a waiver that they'll charge you $1,000 to clean and refill the tank if you leave any "bodily fluids" in it.
  3. You shower immediately before and after using the tank.
  4. The tank has a filtration system that pushes 100% of the water through with no bypass, after each use.
  5. The tank system is also equipped with bromine, UV and ozone treatments to eliminate any remaining microbes.

DSignKing

In younger years I would stress. I tried to "appease" clients by meeting their ridiculous deadlines. I piled one job on top of others just to keep work going. Now at 52, no stress. If they want something rushed I will pass or simply say no. If they start badgering me about "When is it going to be done?" I remind them I gave them a finish date and that date will be met.

I think a good bit of stress comes form the decisions you make in dealing with people and jobs you take in. When a client tells you they need a sign done in 30 days BUT it takes them 20 to finalize art or price, make sure you tell them that deadline will not be met due to their time of giving you go ahead too late. People love to pass the stress from them to another human. Do not be that human, have email trails of the event concerning the job

You can usually spot these people off the bat. Talk fast, give you nothing to work with and brings up "How quick can you do it" right out of the gate. Take my advice, send these guys packing because it usually is not worth it. I love being this age I am and it took me a while to get here but I simply want no part of their circus.

People do not need things fast they just want things fast.

Can I "like" this twice? I work with this kind of customer on a weekly basis. "comes from the decisions "YOU" make in dealing with people and jobs you take in." Good stuff.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Here ya go......... :roflmao:

I just had a customer tell me they needed a rather large sign completed by the end of the month. He contacted me March 31st. He wanted it up by April 30th. Sure, we can easily have that. I've contacted him several times by e-mail and telephone about his rapidly approaching deadline. April 26th, he said, he'd have the artwork to me within two weeks. Now, that has come and gone. I did get a call from his assistant, that they understood they missed their own deadline, but how quickly can I have it installed ?? I said, do you even realize, I STILL don't have any final artwork ??

My nerves are still in tact. The ball has been in their court for over 5 weeks. Their f*ck up, not mine, but can I hurry up when they give me said files ?? This is the sh!t that makes the world go round and it's just getting better. :banghead:

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Here ya go......... :roflmao:

I just had a customer tell me they needed a rather large sign completed by the end of the month. He contacted me March 31st. He wanted it up by April 30th. Sure, we can easily have that. I've contacted him several times by e-mail and telephone about his rapidly approaching deadline. April 26th, he said, he'd have the artwork to me within two weeks. Now, that has come and gone. I did get a call from his assistant, that they understood they missed their own deadline, but how quickly can I have it installed ?? I said, do you even realize, I STILL don't have any final artwork ??

My nerves are still in tact. The ball has been in their court for over 5 weeks. Their f*ck up, not mine, but can I hurry up when they give me said files ?? This is the sh!t that makes the world go round and it's just getting better. :banghead:

I think the prices needs to go up. Tell em you're preparing for the 25% tariffs... gas is higher then it was in March, and your workers are demanding more equal pay so they cost more. Just go ahead and double the price.