• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How thin's your spoil board?

SqueeGee

We have a vacuum hold down with LDF for the spoil board. It started out at 3/4" but is down to about half that now. How thin do you let yours get before you replace it?

John L

I use Trupan as the spoil board cause it lets the most air flow. I surfaced it too thin once (about 1/8") and the vac sucked divets where the plenum board voids were. i now stop at about 1/4" and toss it out.

SqueeGee

I surfaced it too thin once (about 1/8") and the vac sucked divets where the plenum board voids were.

AWESOME!

I had never heard of "Trupan" but it sounds like what we're using. Harbor refers to it as Tumac Ultra-Light Medium Density Fiberboard. I (incorrectly) thought it was called LDF. $63 for a 5' x 10' 3/4" sheet. Is that about what you guys are paying?

John L

The last I bought was from A&M Supply in Springfield, Va (formerly Allied Plywood) for $46 (+-). Harbor was higher then too so I would check. Harbor also didnt carry the Trupan brand.. which is the proven one.

PGSigns

Not sure where you are on the east coast but I get my trupan from Atlantic plywood in Richmond VA. Works great for a spoil board.
Jimmy