• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how to achieve great quality on printed decals

vbc0527

hi everyone. i dont have any experience in digital printing yet. im trying to learn the important things first before going to put up a printing business. my question is, Is it about the ink, printer or any other factors that matters in achieving a really great printed quality? your help would really be appreciated. thank you!

SignStudent

Any halfway decent printer with factory or even third party inks will print good looking decals. More important to the quality is the vinyl/laminate you're using and good design.

vbc0527

Any halfway decent printer with factory or even third party inks will print good looking decals. More important to the quality is the vinyl/laminate you're using and good design.

thanks sign student... how bout the clarity of the design, great resolution, is it about the printers capability or is it about the ink? thank you

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
hi everyone. i dont have any experience in digital printing yet. im trying to learn the important things first before going to put up a printing business. my question is, Is it about the ink, printer or any other factors that matters in achieving a really great printed quality? your help would really be appreciated. thank you!

Printers is printers and inks is inks. All contemporary name brand printers using OEM inks will all produce results indistinguishable from one another. You cannot tell, merely by examining the output, what particular brand of printer might have produced a particular print.

You, as a digital pressman, produce the results. The particular equipment you're wrangling and the supplies you choose to use are trivial factors.A competent individual does not give undue reverence to its equipment.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Garbage in... garbage out.

The design/file/ability is what I believe is your bottom line.

The printer is gonna basically just put your know-how-file down on vinyl or banner material. What you are going to do with that vinyl afterwards is what will determine the printer you buy.

Here is the basic rule of thumb to ANY printer on the market.
The ink is first designed, whether it be designated for vinyl, plastics, glass or metal. Then the printer is built around the heads distributing that ink and controlling it onto various substrates.
Regardless of what you want the printer to look like, your file will determine how good it's gonna look if you choose the appropriate profiles for the machine you buy.

That's another reason, if you go to various printers for various needs, you might end up with some color shifting.

we cannot use the same profile for a file on Cor-X as we do printing to banner or acrylic. They all have their own needs.

Stick with subbing out for a while and make sure you give hard copies, so people know what you want as end results.