• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to align OBJECTS to path in Coreldraw...?

VTSigns

I would like to know how to align objects to irregular (curved, ect) paths in Coreldraw. For instance I have circles that I need to fit to the path of a triangle for instance (equally spaced). I'm not asking how to align text to an object, I'm asking how to align objects to irregular paths. Anyone?

Cyw

Yep, you can use an Artistic Media brush or buy a macro from Oberon that works well.
Also, if your circles are just regular old circles, you can use a font that has a round period.......that way you can still use fit text to path. Size and spacing would be adjustable on the fly just like normal.

Cyw

Forgot to mention using a Blend
that may be the quickest & easiest way

(1)make 2 circles
(2) apply the blend then point the arrow to the irregular path you have
(3) blend along full path and adjust spacing as necessary

A few clicks and you're done

J Hill Designs

(1)make 2 circles

oh yeah -- this! just tried it, works a treat

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.

(1)make 2 circles

wow, that actually worked, kind of screwy to do so ... but putting the blend to a new path works great.

kudos on letting us see a different PATH to the solution!

VTSigns

Maybe I'm making this one too hard. What would be the easiest way to create all the oblong shapes that go around the border of this logo?

Attachments

• the black hen 2.jpg
    the black hen 2.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 111

fresh

Maybe I'm making this one too hard. What would be the easiest way to create all the oblong shapes that go around the border of this logo?

there are two ways I would try. The first is I would type a bunch of the letter i, and then fit it to a circle path.

If that doesn't work, you can make your shape, and then using the TRANSFORMATION function, use the radius transform. You need to play around with the settings to get what you want.

-----------------------
I just figured something out... Use the guides to find the 0/0 point on your artboard. Then place your object on one of the lines and set the starting point on the transform box to 0/0. I am not really good at using words to explain this, so please check out the attached pictures to see what I did.

-----
AND i added another way using the rotate function.

Attachments

• TUT1.jpg
    TUT1.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 138
  • TUT2.jpg
    TUT2.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 157
  • TUT3.jpg
    TUT3.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 146
  • TRANSFORM TUT2.jpg
    TRANSFORM TUT2.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 156

basicmetal

You can also create the shape you want to copy along the path & then copy (Ctrl+C). Select the text tool anywhere on your page & paste (Ctrl+V). Your shape can then be changes as if it were a font as well as using the Fit Text To Path tool.

J Hill Designs

You can also create the shape you want to copy along the path & then copy (Ctrl+C). Select the text tool anywhere on your page & paste (Ctrl+V). Your shape can then be changes as if it were a font as well as using the Fit Text To Path tool.

nifty tip, but it looks like it rasterizes the shape - I will experiment more to make sure