• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to Brighten up Perf Print??

raider

I've got 7.6V1 but no option for multi-pass in driver options in the Advanced tab. Is this version too old or is the another place to look. I'm running a PrismJet 38 (Outdoor Jr.) if that would have anything to do with the option.

thewood

It is called Ink Layers in my version Flexi.

RIP and Print>Advanced>Driver Options>Ink Layers

This is for a Mimaki JV3 setup, though. As previously noted, the RIP options and nomenclature vary according to the printer setup.

Attachments

• Ink Layers.jpg
    Ink Layers.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 47

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
The fundamental inescapable fact is that 50% of the media isn't there, or whatever percentage perf you might be using. Worse, the 50% or whatever that isn't there is effectively black assuming it's being applied to glass.

That being the case you can dump ink on the media until it's washing off in waves and it won't have all that much effect on the brightness. The media is effectively 50% darker than solid media. Since the perf is effectively reducing the brightness by 50%, the most bang for your buck would be to increase the brightness and perhaps concomitantly the saturation of whatever it is you're printing. Assuming it's a bitmap.