• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how to convert from 6 to 4 color on falcon outdoor 62

g1sammons

i have read a few post of folks who have converted there 6 color to a 4 color and would like to do so with mine
looking for pro and con and how to info
thanx fellas

Newbie_on

i have read a few post of folks who have converted there 6 color to a 4 color and would like to do so with mine
thanx fellas

Here's What I would do:

Use that money towards a 4 color ValueJet Printer, the would be the best conversion !

bbeens

thanx fellas

If by 6 color you mean the dilute inks and not an inkset like CMYK Red Blue or Orange Green, then I would say the conversion is not needed. The RIP will determine where the dilutes should be used. The source file should not need any change to print 6 color or 4 color. If you are talking about non-dilutes for the 5 and 6 channel, that is a bigger question which requires more info to answer.

Bryan

g1sammons

thanks for the info fellas
and noway on the value jet Newbie
iv had enough of mutoh i have spent nearly 2500 on trying to fix a ink starvation problem
because of a problem with the ink cartage change that mutoh did the new one is faluty
all along mutoh knew of the problem never once did they say anything to anyone about it
i had reaplced head maint station ink lines ink cartage holder head board
damm near a new printer
like the value jet but if this is the kind of service mutoh offers ill go els whrere
guess my next will prob be roland

henryp

thanks for the info fellas
and noway on the value jet Newbie
iv had enough of mutoh i have spent nearly 2500 on trying to fix a ink starvation problem
because of a problem with the ink cartage change that mutoh did the new one is faluty
all along mutoh knew of the problem never once did they say anything to anyone about it
i had reaplced head maint station ink lines ink cartage holder head board
damm near a new printer
like the value jet but if this is the kind of service mutoh offers ill go els whrere
guess my next will prob be roland

Was this a DIY job or done by Mutoh authorized service agent?

Last edited:

g1sammons

well i called a mutoh dealer tech service dept when the problem first started
did everything they told me to do. ink lines dampers heads maint station all wich had been replaced a month prior well all but the ink lines and cartage holder
i did the repairs myself but used a tech to point the way. i have done numerous repairs to my printers but my problem never was with th repairs . the heads ink lines ect were an attempt to solve an ink starvation problem from bad cartages of wich i had also tried to replace but little did i know that replacement were also bad
i understand that anyone can have something go wrong
the bad ink cartages are not what made me so angry with mutoh it was the fact that they knew of the problem yet told nobody about it
had they said something about it i would not have replaced all these things or lost the customers that i did i could have at least worked solving or going to bulk cartage anything but instead they let me run around wasting time and money
to make things even better my fellers rep ask and he told me they said we are going to have to use the bad up befor they release they new or old cartage
because they dont want to eat the cost of recalling them
it s hard to figure the total cost of dammages when you consider several lost customers
on top of the cost of the repairs that were done that didnt need to be and all the waisted materals
i curently have a piece of hard wood flooring straped to the back of my printer holding the ink cartages in place so i can worked
needless to say thats makes it hard to sell or i probally would have another printer now
iv been talking with a local attorney and am leaning towards a lawsuite
hes more interested in a class action suite
not sure where its going right now!
kind of funny how they spend so much time warning ya about third party inks!!!!
thanx gary

luggnut

i'm having the ink starvation issues.. changed out the maintenance station, dampers, pump, etc... then i hear about the carts..

i'm using coroplast wedged in under the carts to hold them in..

really sucks. i would not buy another mutoh either...

g1sammons

looking for other people have same problems with these cartages
i have been talking with a Lawyer for calss action law suite curently have arounrd 18 people with same issues
so please pm me with your info if interested in joining the lawsuite
thanx