• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to create a cut layer in photoshop

clarizeyale

OMG. I have never heard of that tool before and ive been using Ai since 2015. Freaking amazing. Im using cc free version. So glad you shared that.

yay! i''m glad it's useful to you. I've joined women's online communities for designers and creatives and all the wonderful helpful tools and tricks they've shared have been amazing! This one was like a mindexplosion for me. LOL

myront

CorelDRAW is best
p.s. Corel has a smooth tool. Also has a Reduce Nodes tool with slider. I believe illy has this too.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
You misunderstood my statement. We use both vector and raster. We print and cut all our own graphics. I simply meant to use photoshop as your starting point for logo design is ludacris if you have access to a vector program.
You start in vector and add your raster effects and leave them in the vector program. Text as vector with a raster text with any effects as an overlay. Why? So you have a cut line!
I think I get what you're saying, but I generally have zero issue making a cut line for any raster image. Some you have to create, some are simply done one click with Contour Cut in Flexi, IF the file is PSD.