• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to create a multipage .pdf from .jpgs?

GoodPeopleFlags

I have about 10 .jpg images that I want to put into a multipage .pdf file. I've googled how to do it and I can't seem to find an answer. I've read that it can be done in Photoshop, but not in either version that I have. How do I do it? Thanks!

Jim Doggett

Or size them in CorelDRAW, add page / template-like surround and any captions, on as many pages as you need and then Publish to PDF. MS Word can do the same, as well.

GoodPeopleFlags

I've read where I can do it in Photoshop but neither of my versions (6 and CS4) have that option.

I might have a CorelDraw laying around but I'd rather not go through all of the trouble to install it just for this.

Thanks!

Marlene

I can save files as a PDF in Omega, but not sure if multi pages is possible, does your sign program have any options for PDFs?

GoodPeopleFlags

Hey Marlene! I have Omega. I didn't think of using that! I'll see if that will work.

tanneji - I haven't really used the multiple artboards in Illy. I'll see if I can figure that out.

Thanks!

Still open for suggestions, too!

imagep

I've read where I can do it in Photoshop but neither of my versions (6 and CS4) have that option.

I might have a CorelDraw laying around but I'd rather not go through all of the trouble to install it just for this.

Thanks!

Are you saying that you only have Photoshop installed?

I have a feeling that if you took the time to instal CorelDraw and/or Word (or any other Word Processor), you would find lots more uses for it. PageMaker, Indesign, Quark will also do what you need. Basically, any program that supports multible pages and will allow you to place a bitmap image in them will work - just install PDF995 (free on their website) and print to a pdf.

GoodPeopleFlags

No, I'm saying that I read that Photoshop will do it but neither of my versions have that option. I also have Illustrator CS3 (and CS4 at home) and Omega 3.0.

Those programs seem to do everything I need.... except this! :doh:

imagep

Hey Marlene! I have Omega. I didn't think of using that! I'll see if that will work.

tanneji - I haven't really used the multiple artboards in Illy. I'll see if I can figure that out.

Thanks!

Still open for suggestions, too!

Even with just a one page document program you can still do it. You could make multple PDF's and then join them with an imposition program such as Quite Imposing. You may also be able to find a free or trial version of a pdf impostion program online.

Marlene

I'm not seeing any options for multi pages but you can just stack up all the jpegs and save so it has them all in the same PDF

G-Artist

Boy, do I feel embarrassed. Ifran is my default viewer and aside from scaling an image or two
I have never even looked at it for its other uses.

ratchet

Like Jim had said, the most common way I've seen people without acrobat do this is to use MS Word.

Insert the photos full-size on each page (in the order you want), then go file > save as > pdf/xps