• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to explain this to a customer...

Garbus

Thanks everyone...

was some great responses here... (and some truly fun ones as well)

And thats why signs101 rules !!!

:signs101::U Rock:

Lincan

The complaint is miss

you do the sticker not the paint, your sticker actually will protect the paint, but the paint that not "protected" will fade it's color, you are not wrong, the painter is wrong not to tell that the painting will fade under the sun!

MindsEyeOpen

I have a disclaimer that I attach to my quotes for vehicle lettering or wraps that explains this up front. Of course, even if you explain it ahead of time you will still get complaints from some customers.

Have any of you tried Ghost Off from Fellers? I saw it in the catalog a while back and was curious if it worked.

Attachments

• ghostoff.jpg
    ghostoff.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 100

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I have a disclaimer that I attach to my quotes for vehicle lettering or wraps that explains this up front. Of course, even if you explain it ahead of time you will still get complaints from some customers.

Have any of you tried Ghost Off from Fellers? I saw it in the catalog a while back and was curious if it worked.

That product doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Under the vinyl, the surface has been completely protected by the vinyl and the rest of the areas have oxidized. So, according to this ad, this stuff you wipe on and it must instantly only oxidize the protected areas and dull them to the rest of the surfaces. :help

Sounds more like an ad for adhesive remover where after taking the vinyl graphics off, someone didn't remove the excess glue which will collect and attract dirt and they are referring to that as ghosting.

Be careful as to how that stuff is used.

MindsEyeOpen

That product doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Under the vinyl, the surface has been completely protected by the vinyl and the rest of the areas have oxidized. So, according to this ad, this stuff you wipe on and it must instantly only oxidize the protected areas and dull them to the rest of the surfaces. :help

Sounds more like an ad for adhesive remover where after taking the vinyl graphics off, someone didn't remove the excess glue which will collect and attract dirt and they are referring to that as ghosting.

Be careful as to how that stuff is used.

I asked our rep about it when I first saw it and he described it as an "oxidation remover". So, in theory it would remove the oxidation from the exposed surfaces to bring them back to the "new" look that you have under the vinyl once it is removed. That is why I was skeptical since I've never seen a chemical that actually worked to remove oxidation. Some claim to do that but in my experience, I haven't found any chemical that works. The only thing I've ever seen work is buffing.