• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to get text to form an oval ?

imaSIGNr

How do I get text to form the shape of an oval on the bottom outside only and the text to be upright ? Seems I've done this before, but I can't seem to do it now......Thanx anyone..

FLEXI....I thought that was obvious since this is the Flexi section.
This is what I need to do. I've already recreated the graphic, but I need the text underneath....Thanx

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 106

imaSIGNr

Not sure exactly the effect you want but try the distort function and use the arch top or balloon.
The only effect I want is to get the text to follow the shape of the oval on the outside of the oval bottom with an offset from the oval too and to be able to read it right side up ( in Arial )
The fine print on the bottom of the oval in my attachment in black.

imaSIGNr

Do you have Illustrator? I can do it in that but I've never played with Flexi...
No, I don't have Illustrator...I can do it with the distortion tools in Flexi, but I can only form it around the oval with the letters distorted. I forgot to say I don't want the letters distorted. I only want the text to follow the oval with an offset margin.

high impact

Check out the text options in the design central flyout window. I know you can change text location on the oval inside that tab. Sorry I am not at the shop right now to explain it exactly.

high impact

Select the arc text tool. The text will start where you place your cursor to type...then while the text is highlighted you can select the placement options for the oval. This will move the text to your location of choice.

imaSIGNr

Select the arc text tool. The text will start where you place your cursor to type...then while the text is highlighted you can select the placement options for the oval. This will move the text to your location of choice.
The arc text tool only seems to work on a circle......I might be numb...

imaSIGNr

you need to create a path with the create path tool and draw it under the oval to get the text upright
I have to draw it in ? I can't type it in ?....I'm feeling kinda stupid I know. I usually just figure these things out. It seems so basic...
:help:

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Create the oval then use the path text tool and click on the outer edge of the oval. Use the flip path text button in design central to do the bottom.

imaSIGNr

Create the oval then use path text tool and click on the outer edge of the oval. Us e the flip path text button to do the bottom.
This is what I was trying to do, but doesn't seem to work for me. I thought I've done this before , but it doesn't seem to have what I want to work with here.

Service Sign Co

Or duplicate the oval to the desired size and slice it. I'll try others suggestions also, Im kinda lost in Flexi sometime

Last edited: