• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to get text to form an oval ?

imaSIGNr

Or duplicate the oval to the desired size and slice it. I'll try others suggestions also, I'm kinda lost in Flexi sometime
I don't see what slicing the oval does. I tried that....nothing.
I thought if I used the create path I could do it. It will start anywhere on the oval, but only types in a clockwise direction, so if it's on the bottom it's upside down. I thought there was an option like, control, alt , shift or something where you can type your top text on top the oval then change it to type to go outside and under the oval in a counter clockwise direction.....I'm not getting it.

imaSIGNr

Did you get this worked out?
No.... I guess it maybe can't be done. I don't need it for a few days. I may just fake it. I can do it distorted or do it on a circle then push the ends in a bit to fit the oval. It will end up being pretty small anyway. Probablyless than ½". Thanks all anyway...

Service Sign Co

The cleaver on the point selection tool flyout slice and delete the top part. the text path tool selected,open design central click the paragraph tab, to the right there is an "ab" with arrows pointing in the direction for the type to go

slappy

you got to use those little buttons(F BUTTONS) in design central to flip it(if your using the distort feature)

thewood

It can definitely be done. Create your oval. Convert the shape to outlines. Use the text on path tool.

grafxxx

1 make oval 2. click on text on path tool,3, type text 4 in design central like slap kiss siade click on the "F" so it's under the oval then your done. then you can double or triple click on the text then you'll notice an "X" looking infront of your text click and drag and that will move text where you want it.

high impact

Ah yes! Text on path tool. Sorry, I was instructing how to put text on a circle. I'm out of town right now and couldn't go into Flexi. Glad you got it figured out!!!