Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help How to get this effect?

Discussion in 'LEDs and Neon' started by Liz Myers, Mar 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Rick

Rick Certified Enneadecagon Designer

Apr 17, 2003
    Valle Vista
    Highly doubtful, especially with a drop ceiling, you can pull the electrical through the wall up to the drop ceiling and tie the electrical together... plus, you don't need 3" to run electrical through the wall - but you would for a slim cabinet...

If the OP is building this for this particular franchise, they would call out that particular system... I have worked on franchise signage standards, I tend to stay away from stock cabinet system where the LED's are provided, first thing is, they are usually not to keen on modification - especially when needing to add more LED's... many use inferior electrical components. Looking at other locations of this particular franchise, most are using different systems or fabricating their own so I'm sure it's up to the shop to provide their own type of illumination method. Some, like this particular franchise is flat against the wall, other franchise stores are stood off the wall, others are using cable/clamps to hold the graphics in place.

If it were me, I would stay away from a stock system unless they are easily modified - in case they require more LED's or for servicing...

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. AKwrapguy

AKwrapguy Active Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Anchorage, AK
    I've never set up a LED system so my knowledge on anything is pretty limited. They looked like POS and on premise pieces Red Bull sent us to use when I worked for a beverage distributor. Pretty basic but they seemed pretty to work pretty well.

3. Rick

Rick Certified Enneadecagon Designer

Apr 17, 2003
    Valle Vista
    We were out today and had lunch near a new franchise - not even open yet... had to stop by and look, low and behold, they had a wall... definitely a built-out wall, inset LED cabinet that stretched the width of the graphic area, with the panel/puck system attached to the walls... I would have baffled the edges and seams where the panels butt up to each other.. otherwise, pretty impressive wall display... sorry, a lot of glare going on...

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. bluehammer

bluehammer Member

Apr 5, 2014
    Redding CT
    Looks like a CGI image. Not real.