• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help How to get this effect?

Liz Myers

Any advice on how this is lit? I assume LEDs but it looks like it's very close to the wall. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• LightingHelpPhoto.jpg
    LightingHelpPhoto.jpg
    495.6 KB · Views: 856

DerbyCitySignGuy

Flat LED strips or they've got alcoves built behind the acrylic with lights (doubtful though)? Can you see behind them at all?

I'd unscrew one of those stand-offs and check.

ChicagoGraphics

In the building I live, they have signs like that in the restaurants windows, I watched them install them one day and all I could see was it was printed on a rollable plastic with a couple of wires coming out at the bottom, where the light scouce came from is a mystery. It's like sandwich between the plastic some how.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Hard to tell from the photos, but it kind of does look like the entire panel is illuminated. The Gyford stand-offs could be the answer. Or, as DerbyCity mentioned, flat strips on the back.

Liz Myers

Don't those usually illuminate the entire piece of acrylic? Every time I've seen them used they actually illuminate the full board and cast light off the edges.

This looks backlit. I could be wrong, it's been known to happen.

Yup. I did already talk to Gyford and they said no, their LED standoffs wouldn't work for this.

AKwrapguy

I used to use these with Red Bull. The back is lit with a flat diffused LED. They were smaller but same thing. I'll reach out to my guy to see if I can get a name or manufacture.

Liz Myers

Looks to me like they built the wall out to accommodate for an internally illuminated cabinet...
Thank you! I'm sure you're right, because here's another one from the same franchise, different location.

Attachments

• the-community-room.jpg
    the-community-room.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 473

ams

It's not Gyford LED standoff's because I use those and have some in my shop. You can't use vinyl with them or direct print them. It has to be laser or sandblasted into the substrate.

AKwrapguy

Looks to me like they built the wall out to accommodate for an internally illuminated cabinet...

Maybe it was built out as after thought so that the could run the electrical. so you wouldn't see the cords. Here is what they look like with the cord showing. Not nearly as cool.