• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how to go about installing this one?

petepaz

i am quoting a job for a good/regular customer (broker)
remove and replace existing sign.
i might have to no bid this one, i don't have the equipment for this one.
for starters it is a carved and painted sign so i would have to sub that out
that's not a big deal but now the install that's a problem.
i assume i would need a lift. i can rent a lift that's no problem but what about all the landscaping? there is no way for me to get to it with out doing damage to the grass and or flower beds. anyone who has done this before what do you do? are you responsible to replace any of the landscaping if damaged? do you tell them up front that will happen and you can't replace it? figure more in the price to fix it?

again i think i might be better off no bidding this one

Attachments

• lay out.jpg
    lay out.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 121

jfiscus

Rap Master
Rent a LONG boom lift, it doesn't have to go UP that high, you'll just need the extra length to reach ACROSS the landscaping.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You could take two ladders up on the porch roof from the one end. Use the proper ladder jacks to keep the ladders in place.

Either boom the sign up or lift it up with ropes and some man power. The boom would keep it in place completely while you attach it to the building.

Crane probably cost ya $250 to $300 for two hours. Time it right and you don’t need him very long. It would take longer to unwrap the sign, hook it up, everyone talk and drink their coffee, than the actual sign installation.

petepaz

thanks for the help. i will look into a longer boom lift. i will have to measure how far away from the road or parking lot it will be.
not a big fan of putting the ladder on the roof over the porch with my luck once i got it stable and secure i would fall through

FS-Keith

Get a better vantage point from the parking lot. maybe i can free a truck up for you and help you out in a few weeks

visual800

I would do ladder on the roof myself, no lifts no fuss, cheaper price. you and nother guy could do that in no time 80' lift is gonna shock the customer for 1/2 day rental BUT not everyone would do the ladders