• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how to install very tall lighted sign on posts HELP

Moze

Precision Sign Services
The scary thing is there are people everywhere that sell 'stickers' and try to install pylons.

...know when to walk away...

rydods

Member for quite some time.
I know at least in my area you need a permit especially for a sign of this magnitude and for the permit one of the most important thing you're going to need is a CERTIFIED engineered drawing. This drawing, which I can guarantee will look nothing like what signtronix, will contain the proper specs for to ensure the sign is installed to code and to be certain nothing fails and kills someone. Not to mention, there are a lot of complicated steps, crane operation/excavating/footings and concrete work/mounting the poles and sign/electrical hookup/sleeping at night, that would take a great deal of observing and hands on training to be confident enough.

^ That will help with the install, but the engineering is the really crucial part. Hate to have a 10' electric box fall 12' onto a group of school kids...

Wow that's negative...

I sub out electrical work, a wise man once told me "Don't try to be a jack of all trades, it's better to just be an Ace of one."

I'll make signs and do everything I know but leave it to the Engineers and Electricians. Also certain areas mandate your permit to be done by an city recommended electrician.